Chapter 24 Monsterphelia

Bell woke up and did his morning routine, he stretched, did his morning exercises, did a few practice swings with his weapons, shot a few arrows to train his accuracy with his bow, brushed his teeth, bathed himself with a water bucket, soap, and a towel, and once he was done, he got his clothes on and headed out to fight in the dungeon once again, and Hesita was still asleep since Bell wakes up at 5 every day and head off by 7, and still 2-3 hours before Hestia normally wakes up.

Bell headed to the dungeon where upon entering took about 10 minutes to shake his head straight, and fought a few monsters while testing his combat skills and weapons, today was the spear so Bell was throwing and thrusting his spear, as well as testing out its homing function, seeing how he can activate it, namely by seeing how the homing works, he got a feel for the weapon's limits and exited 3 hours later, being able to stay longer and longer in the dungeon, but still needing to get out or he would lose his mind with the dungeon playing trick's on his mind, especially after last night.

following Fels, who had told Bell he would be obligated to help a select group of people from the shadows from now on, he followed Fels into the dungeon as they both entered a large open area that seemed to be hidden in the dungeon and found not a hint of anything, then, he saw monsters and got ready to fight, however, he noticed that Fel's wasn't pulling out a weapon or chanting a spell, so Bell though this was some kind of test, so he got a weapon ready to draw but not bring out as he walked forward, but then the monster spoke.

Ray:" welcome again Fels"

Bell:" [Redacted] it talked... hold on, what's going on"

Fear:" that response is normal for those who find out"

Athena:" I know I did when I found out"

Bell:" Athena, what are you doing here, and with your Famili- this is the secret that only the shadow part of the guild knows, isn't it"

Gros:" at least he's smart enough to catch on so we don't have to explain, come, we're celebrating adding someone else to our allies list"

Bell:" you're celebrating for me knowing this and helping"

Lyd:" we don't get many who will accept us, the fact you didn't attack us on sight and choose to trust Fels even if it was iffy is proof you're not one to just rush in"

Bell:" a calm approach to thing's help's path the path clearer, and also allow's you to really think before you do, I promised I would always look at every possible option before making a decision, and choose to do what would help everyone, damn if it's stupid or idiotic by many"

Bell's words spoke volumes to not only the while the Xenos but also the Athena Familia, who more than anyone knew the meaning behind such words, while they all were eating, Bell remembered about his aunt and then Evilus, then seeing Athena, he thought if anyone can shed light on the situation with Evilus, it was her and walked up to her to talk seriously about something that's been on his mind for years.

Bell:" Athena, can I ask you a question, namely on Dark Familia nad Evilus"

Athena:" Shoot"

Bell:" so Dark Familia, they are said to only do the things they do because the gods promise to reunite them with their loved ones upon their dying, but upon returning to the heavens, aren't they sentenced to either Tarterous or its equivalent anyway so reuniting with their loved ones is impossible, and the gods who returned also get immediately punished so they are never able to even be allowed to fulfill such a promise int eh first place if they even intended to keep it, how does it work"

Athena:" sadly, it's mostly held by lies and hypocrisy, the gods know they won't be able to keep their promise due to the punishment that awaits them in the divine realm once they return, and a majority of them don't even care either, those gods are giving empty promises with empty words that mean nothing to them so they can play their games with the mortals, mortals are being's who, at their darkest moments, will cling to even a lie to give them a reason to live, it's why 99% of all their members are suicidal by nature, they don't have any plans to come back alive, and the one percent who do have a specific goal in mind but don't care how they get it"