Chapter 10: Loki Base Ambush

the Loki Familia base was attacked by monsters they have never seen, they saw as Raul had parts of his body melted off, muscle tissue and bone visible and half his face burned off as well, his eye melting into a gloop, with parts of his skull and teeth visible, his armor and clothes in no better shape with bearly any of them left, as he was one of the few who was able to escape as there were 13 other members who seemed to have been eaten or melted by the new monsters, Raul only surviving because he specialized in running away, the others, however, weren't so lucky, and the new monsters attacked, they looked like giant Catapillars that are green with orange and purple marks, wings in the front next to their "head?" and also had mouthes that once open, shot out corrosive acid, while monsters that use acid for weapons isn't new, it's acid was particularly corrosive, and it was a serious situation as all the Loki Familia got into action.

Riveria:" LEVIYA, CHANT A AOE SPELL, NOW"

Lefiya:" wha- YES MASTER"

Riveria trusted Lefiya to do this not as her teacher, but as Lefiya has great potential to be the most powerful mage in the world, unlike Riveria, Lefiya's royal bloodline has special magic exclusive to her family, namely on her mother's side, the magic to use any elven magic they desire so long as they know the spell, but due to Lefiya being the first to have this power in over 7,000 years, her skills with it are sloppy at best, especially since her mother wasn't a mage, but a vanguard fighter, so Lefiya had to be taught mage craft by other's who didn't know how to teach someone like Lefiya, though Lefiya was still taught how to be an effective vanguard by her mother to help her out even if a little.

Lefiya started chanting as she was preparing a spell, choosing which one to cast as she was prepared for the worst, Ais got into the fight and went after these monsters, their acid blood doing little to stop Ais who ignored the pain and pushed on, cutting the monsters to pieces using her magic to it's fullest, Bete Supported his sister and wife Reene as he and Luna acted as vanguard to protect Reene as she gave support magic to the 2 of them, giving them temporary acid immunity as Bete and Luna attacked without worry of being melted by the acid, making sure to pay attention to if the spell Reene cast is still active, but the monsters were attacking too, spitting acid everywhere, aiming at their tent's and equipment, from Finn's perspective, he could have sworn that these monsters were sent specifically to make sure traveling further down was impossible as they would be forced to head back due to low supplies, and abandon their goal.

Finn:" this is odd though, these monsters are new and the dungeon itself is fine, as well as the fact they seem focused on hampering with our progression, what's going on"

Finn would have coordinated his Familia to move in formations to help decrease casualties, since the acid melted everything in sight, he had them scatter to make sure the acid doesn't melt everyone at once, that said though, 70 members died already with more casualties counting up, and Ais didn't lose her head yet, this was bad, and as things were going from bad to worse, Ais started to lose her mind again as she was killing members and monsters alike, forcing Finn to activate her collar and immobilize Ais once again as Tiona had to go fetch her, as Tione was going Berserk, unlike when Ais goes Berserk, she was only attacking her enemies, and went in a battle frenzy, reaching into the monster and getting one of the magic stones out in fact, then putting it between her breast for safekeeping while they were fighting, even with her skin melting where you can see bone in some places, Tione didn't seem phased at all, which only made it more terrifying for everyone watching.

Lefiya chanted, she made sure the spell would work to help those in need, she lived for more than 50 years, she was an adult and needed to act like one so she wouldn't mess up like last time, this time, she will succeed and contribute to her comrades and as Lefiya was close to activating her spell, one of the monsters came from the ground beneath Lefiya, forcing her to move and cancel her spell, dodging the acid as she uses Ki to boost her abilities and move faster, using her sword and arrows where she would on some of the monsters that got close, taking down 9 of them, though she would be smacked hard by one of them to the ground with a the monster pinning her leg, snapping her Femur bone as Gareth came at the last second to defend Lefiya with 4 shield's in a layer and then ram the monster through, as Lefiya is assessed for damage, other than her leg, she finds 4 of her rib's cracked and a lung punctured as she coughed up blood, Riveria then steps in for Lefiya as she cast her spell, killing all the new monsters and putting an end to the battle, Lefiya felt defeated again, only for Riveria to give her words of encuragement.