Chapter 32: Cat and Mouse

as Bell helps Liliruca up from the ground and also gives her his jacket to keep her warm and planned to take her into his home, Bell has a thought in his mind that he can't help but think.

Bell's thoughts:" If I do have her come inside, I'm basically allowing her free range to take our stuff... I'll take her somewhere else to dry off"

Bell:" Come with me, I'll show you where I live"

as Bell lead Liliruca away, Liliruca was already memorizing the directions to see what she can take when she can, studying the landmarks and the ruins that can be recognizable, and upon such, they come to a ruined home that isn't much, but it does have a roof and a door to keep shut, entering, it looks lived in as things are warned and such, a makeshift bed and all.

Bell's thought's:" Thank goodness the place I slept in before I join Goddess is still here, I would have thought it would be raided, but then again, those orphan kids sleep here now, so I guess they would keep things organized"

when Bell no longer needed this place, he gave it to the homeless kids, as well as a bit of food and water to last them a while, and while he was willing to give it, he did tell them one thing, if they see him coming, they need to clear it out to help him out, and like he asked, the orphans upon seeing Bell approach left the building for a time, and while Bell dropped off his groceries as he planned for it to be for them, he started cooking some soup for Liliruca to eat as they talk.

Bell:" So, what happened that was so bad you came to the ruins of town to cry"

Liliruca:" Nothing"

Bell:" Nothing, sure it doesn't have anything to do with Hermes"

Liliruca, despite her best efforts, flinched and Bell saw this, angry, but said nothing since it's not exactly him she's the most pissed at right now.

Liliruca:" And despite making so much money, you still live in this crap hole of a place"

Bell:" Hey, do you know how expensive housing is in Oranio, I was a hunter in my village, so I'm used to sleeping atop a tree branch even in heavy rain or snow, having a roof if more than I can ask for at times, besides, I often spend my money on important things"

then one of the orphans who wasn't told about Bell entered as Bell and Liliruca looked and the orphan then realized his mistake, but Bell made use of this, especially since he planned to have them keep the leftover soup anyway.

Bell:" Oh, here again to eat with me I see, come on then, there's plenty for everyone"

then the orphan waved at the others to come and they all ate, saying it was nice of Bell to always give them good and water canteens to get water for themselves at the well, as well as help them get new clothes as well, coming by every so often to make sure they are alright, even after he joined a Familia.

Liliruca:" These kids are something, aren't they"

Bell:" These are the kids who lost their parents in the dungeon, the werewolf girl is Fen, the human boy's Rye, the half-elf girl is Roux, the Hobbit boy is Ossian, the Dogfolk girl is Fina, and the Minoboar boy is Mino"

Mino:" More"

Bell:" More..."

Mino:" More please"

Bell:" Good Minos, always ask kindly if you want something"

Bell gave seconds to Mino as the kids were laughing and happy, Liliruca confused, wondering how this was possible, an adventure that cared for others, without expecting anything in return, it wasn't possible, all her life, she's only ever seen adventures interested in their own goals above all, even the good ones, the best example she could think of is the Loki Familia, who's only helping people to improve their image as hero's alone, yet when it really counts, when they can't be credited for heroism, they let people get hurt and even die simply because they couldn't look heroic.