chapter 19: broken promise

Previously:

I felt someone hugged me. I looked up and saw giyu. I started to feel dizzy and passed out.

Giyu's pov:

After we got the news of Kyojuro's death. She completely broke down. My heart aches just watching her like that. She fell to the ground. I hugged her then she passed out.

I picked her up and went to the butterfly manoor. I knock on the door and shinobu open. She doesn't look pleased to see me holding yn but i don't care. "What happened" "she cried until pass out" "follow me" she said as she led me to one of the rooms. I put her in bed and she asked me to leave the room for a while. I waited outside. She comes out in 5 minutes and tells me she is exhausted because of all the crying. She will be fine and regain her consciousness within a few minutes.

But that didn't happen. Here I'm sitting next to her, didn't leave her side. Shinobu did come by to check on her and give me food.

Yn pov:

"Huh where am I" there was a garden of different kinds of flowers and a clean water pond, you can see fish swimming in it. I walked around and saw him.

"Rengoku" i mumble. He turned around and gave me his usual flashy smile. "You know you broke a promise" i said with tears in my eyes. He comes close and wipes those tears away "I'm sorry for breaking the promise. Can I ask you something yn?" I nodded. "Was i able to take tomioka's place" I looked down and said "I'm sorry but you have a different place in my heart. You still love me knowing i couldn't fully love you back. You are my best friend and I'm really glad to have you in my life". He just smiled at me. "Go yn go get him" that's all he said before everything starts to disappear "wait-" i said. But it wasn't the same place. "Where am I" i thought to myself as I looked around. "Butterfly manoor but why" i mumble. "Because you were out for 2 days" shinobu said as she entered the room. "I see, am i free to go?" I asked, she nodded. I started to walk away.

when she said "me and tomioka-san broke up" "why" "he cares about you alot. I gave him the love position the next day after we had our argument. But no matter how much position i gave him in the last two days he wouldn't left your side. Then when i started to realise how insane I was acting. I'm really sorry i hope you can forgive me" "kocho that will take time but thank you for trying i really appreciate" with that i went to trio's room.

I didn't wanna scare them but I'm super pissed. I opened the door pretty sure my anger was visible because even zenitsu doesn't try to do anything. "Yn-san are you okay?" "Do i look okay tenjiro?" "I'm sorry that was stupid question" he said while looking down. "How did it happen" none of them spoke. "ANSWER ME" i yell as i punched the wall making a big hole in it. They all flinched. "I-" tanjiro started but doesn't seem to form proper sentences. "We were with rengoku-san on the train when a sleeping demon put us to sleep. We managed to kill the lower moon. But we all were highly injured. That's when the upper moon3 came and attacked me but rengoku-san saved me. He is a true hero. He dies while saving everyone". "Akaza" i mumble angrily under my breath. "We are really sorry yn-san. We weren't able to do anything" he said as the three of them got on their knees and bowed. "I'm sorry boys. My anger tends to take over me sometimes." I said and walked out of there.

On my way out i saw giyu. "Hey how are you" he asked. "Not too bad. How about you" "fine but just confused the last 5 months are blurry. And i just found out I was dating shinobu, why on earth would i do that" i just smile at him and walk away.

.......

It has been 2 weeks since his death. I blame myself only if i had killed the upper moon 3. So he would have been alive. He would have been with me.

I only left my manoor when I had a mission or meeting. I came to visit his grave when i saw giyu who was probably taking a walk. "Hey" he said I smiled in response. "How are you doing" "not too bad" i say. "I'm glad." He said smile a little. "Not this feeling again" i thought to myself as I looked down.

"Go yn go get him" rengoku's words popped up in my mind. "Are you sure? Do you really want me to move just like that" i thought to myself. His smiling image popped up in my head. "Why why are you so kind". He didn't say anything. "Yn?" "Hey yn?" "Oh yeah" "are you sure you are alright? You zoned out for pretty long" "yeah I'm fine don't worry" "hey giyu is there anyone you like?" "Umm where's that coming from" he said avoiding eye contact.

"Just answer will you?" "There is but I'm not gonna tell you atleast not yet" he said with blush over his face. "I see, I'll be going. I have a mission tomorrow." "Hey yn be safe" he said. "Of course" i said with a smile and walked away.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy it and please do vote. I'll see you in the next chapter....