◇26◇

2:30 a.m, The day of the escape

"What? What the hell do you mean that you want to leave?" Shigaraki questioned Deku in front of him as the boy held up Ann to keep her stabilized. Deku's eyes examined the woman's body, trying to pinpoint any wounds or injuries on her but thankfully, he found none. He then trailed his eyes back to his colleagues.

"It's like I told you, I don't want to be in the League of Villains anymore. I want to go my own path and leave you in charge, since I'm not capable of doing so anymore." Deku repeated himself to Tomura, seeing the disapproving eyes of the other villains around him. Dabi gave a sigh and titled his head in curiosity.

"Why now? Of all the times, why do you wanna quit now?" He asked the teen. Deku stared back into Dabi's eyes and merely smiled.

"I want to see (y/n) and build a future with her. She's going to be in danger and I have to protect her," he looked to the side, "and plus...I don't want you guys to get caught because of me. I'm throwing away my ambitions for (y/n), just like you've said before Dabi." He lied to them, trying to sound as if their safety was important to him. He looked into Shigaraki's eyes, as well as everyone else to see if they were fed into it but there was silence. Toga let out a delighted giggle and jumped in front of Deku, crouching down to his level with her face close to his.

"You're so sweet, Deku-kun. Just know we care for you too, m'kay?," She turned to everyone else, "right everyone?" and they all gave a small nod. The sense of victory filled Deku's pride but he had to keep himself composed. He leaned a bit back to keep distance from Toga and faked an embarrassed look. Shigaraki scoffed for a moment and turned his back to Deku.

"Just don't get in our way and only come to us when you wanna contribute something good, got it?" Tomura warned Deku, merely only letting him nod in agreement. Shigaraki motioned his hand towards him, following into Kurogiri's warp gate. Deku watched each of his colleagues leave, leaving him alone in the shadows with Ann, still unconscious. Deku checked if she was still breathing and sure enough, she still was. He let out an annoyed sigh and carried the woman in his arms, looking at the dark path ahead of him. The villain merely smiled and began to walk to Ann's home and to his home as well.

___________________

Was what Midoriya said about my doctor true? There's no way that the doctor is actually...a villain and that my friends are going to sell me out. Although, it is strange how Shun is always attending to my care and with Eri as well, even outside of the hospital. The way he's always been with me...but he hasn't done anything wrong to me? I hope this information isn't true...because if it is, I might go insane myself... And he also went on about how I should see him? I can't stay at the hospital for too long if I just wanted to visit him. A way to get in...a way to get in...

There was a knock on the door and made me jolt up a little bit, making Eri run to the door. I told her not to open it but to look out of the window to see who it was.

"It's Tsu, Mina, Uraraka, and Momo." She reported to me, having me get up from my seat and walk to the door. When I opened it, I was greeted with smiles.

"Hey (y/n), how are you feeling?" Tsu spoke up first to start the conversation. I rubbed the back of my neck and looked to the side, feeling a bit off. When a killer warns you about your own friends selling you out but not knowing what it is, it's hard to keep your thoughts straight.

"I've been doing okay. Just being a little on edge is all." I replied, feeling Eri tuck on the end of my shirt. I looked down and looked into her eyes. I titled my head to her in confusion, but she quickly looked away from me. Weird...