◇17◇

Today was finally the day. After thinking about it for the past couple of days, I am finally ready for school. Although, I need to tell my mom and dad first about my decision if anything. I was in the middle of washing my face when I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I told whoever it was to come in, seeing Eri open the door. She rubbed her tired eyes and squinted a bit from the bright light in the bathroom. We exchanged good mornings to each other and she grabbed her stool, placing it next to me as she grabbed her toothbrush. My mother got her a little stool so she could reach the sink and the counter in the bathroom. I honestly think it's pretty adorable. I dried off my face and leaned on the counter.

"How come you're up this early?" I asked out of curiosity. It was seven in the morning after all. But recently, I've been noticing a pattern in Eri's habits. She always wakes up at the same time as me and follows my morning routine. Sometimes she changes the order she follows but she mostly just copies me. I have a feeling that she's trying to rehabilitate to normal homelife without asking for help from me. Although I would like to help her more than anything, I don't mind if she learns little by little by merely copying me. If anything, it's an improvement. Eri rubbed her eyes again and yawned.

"Because you woke up." She answered my question as she continued to brush her teeth. I smiled at her answer and jumped on the counter, swinging my legs a bit.

"Well, I have some good news." I brought up, seeing a spark of interest light up on Eri's face. I couldn't help but smile.

"So, I've been thinking about it for the past couple of days and I was thinking..." I faded my sentence, seeing that Eri leaned in a bit in anticipation, "how would you like to start going to my school today?" I finished my sentence, seeing Eri's eyes fill with excitement. She nodded her head 'yes' to me and quickly finished brushing her teeth, washing her face, and brushing her hair.

"We can go today?" Eri asked with excitement in her tone. I nodded and jumped off the counter, leaning in closely to her as if anyone could overhear us.

"I know mom and dad are gonna agree but let's try and convince mom to take us shopping, okay?" I gave her a sly smile. She nodded to my plan and we both headed out of the bathroom, making our way to the living room. When we turned the corner, we saw mom on the couch, just being on her phone. She saw us from the corner of her eye and she smiled at us.

"You two are up early. What's the occasion?" She tilted her head to us. I looked at Eri and slightly smiled.

"So mom, I've been thinking about it for a while and I think I'm comfortable with going back to school." I worded carefully, seeing my mom's expression turn slightly surprised. She crossed her arms to me and hummed in thought.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" My mom asked me to be sure. I nodded my head and she turned to Eri.

"And are you okay with going to school with (y/n)?" Mom asked Eri and she nodded as well. My mom sighed and she got up from her seat and walked over to the kitchen.

"Okay then. If you both are okay with it, then so am I. But I'm not letting you leave the house with empty stomachs." She declared which made me more eager to go. I walked over to my mom and wrapped my arms around her, hugging her from the side.

"Mom, could we do a bit of shopping before we go? Class doesn't start until 8:40." I could see that my mother gave me a playful glare before she shook her head at me.

"If you continue to do all the house chores and get good grades on your tests, then yes, we can." She gave in, giving me a kiss on my forehead. I heard a small celebration from Eri and I gave her a high five. We both ran down to our bedroom and quickly started to get dressed.