stay stay stay

The day after the girls left was uneventful.

The boys were off causing mischief, and Adeline spent time with Euphemia and Fleamont. Being around them made her realize how much she missed her parents. Not who they are now, but who they were before she turned 11.

Soon enough it was Remus and Peter's last day. Adeline decided to get up early and cook them breakfast as Peter helped to do for the girls.

She told Euphemia ahead of time who insisted she would do it but after a lot of convincing gave in. Adeline cooked in the kitchen while blaring muggle music and singing along to the lyrics.

"IM A SHOOTING STAR LEAPING THROUGH THE SKY LIKE A TIGER, DEFYING THE LAWS OF GRAVITY" Adeline belted out to Queen.

"Is that bloody Queen I hear." Sirius said while entering the kitchen. "Oh it's you."

Adeline quickly turned down the music and turned red from the embarrassment of Sirius catching her singing. "Sorry to disappoint Black."

"You shouldn't be allowed to listen to Queen. Queen belongs to me not you."

"Does it now?" Adeline laughed at his whiney behavior.

"Yes!"

"I'm the muggleborn between the two of us- I think I get first dibs."

"You can have the Beatles, I want Queen."

"Hell no, the Beatles are boring."

"The Beatles are not boring!"

"They're basic. Queen could do Yellow Submarine but the Beatles could never do Bohemian Rhapsody."

"That's a fair argument." Sirius said as Adeline turned back to her cooking, "Hey I wanted to apologize or whatever for that argument we had. Not for the whole thing because I was partially right, but for saying that shit about you. That wasn't cool."

"No it wasn't cool. But it's fine Black, I'm over it."

"You forgive so easily. How did you manage to hate us for six years?"

"You all just kept giving me more reasons. You'd do something, I'd get over it and then bam you're back at it again."

"Sounds to me like you just hate fun."

"Oh I do. That's my nickname actually: Fun-killer."

"We've probably called you that before."

"I believe it."

"Oh and I also had a question."

"A question?"

"You mentioned that you were crying and I stepped on your robes. Why were you crying?"

"Ask Remus. He knows."

"Okay. If it's personal I'm sorry for bringing it up I was just curious that's all."

"It's fine. Question for you too actually."

"Yeah?"

"Why did you do it?"

"Oh. Well that was the day Remus found out you hated him. He was devastated. I guess I was seeking revenge for the way you hurt him."

"He was devasted? Why on Earth would he care that some nobody Hufflepuff hated him?"

"Remus is a good guy. I know you don't or didn't think he was but he is. He doesn't want people to hate him. No matter who it is. Especially with his 'condition' already causing so many people to hate him."

"Makes sense." Adeline turned to her cooking once more, "You should get out of here now Black, I won't have you ruining breakfast."

"I AM NOT THAT BAD AT COOKING."