Short Story: Valentine's Day

Ryuko: I'm home!

I take off my shoes and walk into my lovely house. As I walked into the main room, my nose is immediately hit by an alluring smell. I followed it into the kitchen, now smelling two things instead of one.

Sonia was cooking dinner. I snuck up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She jumped a bit and raised the spoon in her hand high. When she turned her head to her shoulder and saw me, she sighed.

Sonia: The hell are you doing? You scared me half to death.

Ryuko: Your fault for being spaced out. What's on your mind love?

She set the spoon down and turned to me, her back to the countertop.

Sonia: I was thinking. Why don't we make today a bit special.

Ryuko: Special? Isn't everyday special.

Sonia: Ugh. Think with your brain. What day is it today?

Huh? Wait what?

Ryuko: Huh? It's the 14th.

Sonia: Yeah. And what's on February 14th?

I pull away from her and slapped my forehead. Today's Valentine's Day!! I'm such an idiot.

Ryuko: Fuck. I totally forgot about today. I would have bought something for you two.

She giggled and put her arms over my shoulders.

Sonia: It's alright. We don't need any fancy gifts or chocolate....Well Koneko would probably have eaten them anyway.

Ryuko: Still, I feel so bad for forgetting. I've just been helping Inumuta too much.

Sonia: You've been busy with maintaining peace that it just slipped your mind. It happens to everyone.

We stared into each other's eyes for a while. She gave me a kiss before breaking from me.

Sonia: Dinner will be ready in a while.

Ryuko: Alright. Where's Koneko?

Sonia: Passed out under the Kotatsu.

Ryuko: Of course she is. Training?

Sonia: No. Actually, she was running around with Tozumo all day.

Hehe. She has a lot of energy more then ever. Giving Sonia a quick neck kiss, I go to the living room and see the white haired cat girl. I get under the Kotatsu with her, and wrap my arms around her. Her tails wrapped around my arms as she gets closer to me.

Koneko: ....Hmmm....Your back.

She opened her eyes slightly. Her sleepy gold eyes and small smile is cute.

Ryuko: Tozumo put you through the ringer huh?

Koneko: You can say that again.

Ryuko: Also, happy Valentine's Day. Sorry, I forgot what day it was and didn't get anything.

She gave a tired laugh and lightly punched my arm.

Koneko: Pfff. No need to be cheesy. It's just a day after all. Although chocolates would have been nice.

Ryuko: There's the Koneko I remember.

She nuzzles close to my neck with a giggle. I rubbed her ears, causing her to purr.

Sonia: Alright you two. No more being lovey dovey without me.

She comes over, bringing a nice aroma with her. She sets down everything and sat beside me as me and Koneko sat up.

Ryuko: Oh come on Sonia. You know I wouldn't forget you in our cuddle session.

She giggled before pulling something from under the covers. It's a-

Ryuko: Wait, where the hell did you get wine from?

Sonia: Rias.

Ryuko: I figured.

She poured each of us a glass.

Koneko: I never tried wine before. They say nekomata can get drunk easily.

Ryuko: Really?

Koneko: Being related to the Kitsune and their alcoholic tendencies, it spread to us. But just at a lesser amount.

Ryuko: What brand even is it?

Sonia: Something from Hell. I haven't kept up with anything down there.

I take a sip from my glass.

!!!

I set the glass down immediately.

Ryuko: Yeah no. Not meant for humans.

Koneko: You alright?

Ryuko: That shit burns like....well Hell. Ugh. Feel like it'll burn a hole in my stomach.

Sonia: Then let's eat. Maybe that'll take your mind off of it. And your stomach.

And we dine in. Every now and then we make light talk. Nothing in particular, just normal conversation.

After an hour in, Koneko started to get a little loopy. Guess she was right. But, as the night kept continuing, Sonia soon joined her in a drunken stupor. But, the two were still conscious after I cleaned up everything.

Ryuko: Alright you two. Time for bed.

Sonia: Noo~ooo~. Just a little more~.

I picked up the bottle and gave it a shake.

Ryuko: It's empty. You two drank it all.

Koneko: I didn't drink none of nothing but anything then that.

......Yep. They need sleep.

I turned out the lights and layed under the Kotatsu with them. As I got into a comfortable position, they latched onto me.

......I still feel bad....I didn't even get them anything.....

....No. I did get them something today....

Me...

Ryuko: .....Happy Valentine's Day you two...