The Psychic Sidekicks

The gang were walking through a forest, when Cora noticed a sign.

"Hey look," she said, "This sign says 'Beware of ghost Pokémon and use a Psychic-type for your protection'. Well that's handy because Kilala (Shiny Espeon) is here and Psyche (Girafarig), and Yuki (Meowstic) with me."

Mairin sighed in relief, "I'm glad you do, Cora. I don't want a lot of ghost Pokémon surrounding me." She shuddered at the mention of ghost Pokémon.

"You really don't like Ghost-type Pokémon huh?" Cora asked.

"They're just as worse as Beedrill." Mairin groaned.

Cora, Alain and Kilala sighed at this.

"Come on out, Psyche!" Cora released her Long Neck Pokémon.

"Brin!" Psyche the Girafarig appeared and licked her trainer's face.

Cora giggled and petted Psyche on her head, "Good to see you too Psyche. Listen, there are Ghost-type Pokémon in this forest, and we need you and Kilala's help to fight them off, okay?" She questioned.

Psyche nodded, understanding. Suddenly some bushes started to rustle.

Mairin yelped, "What's that? Please don't let it be a Ghost type Pokémon."

Cora slowly crept forward to see, when a brown head suddenly shot up in the bushes, the gang yelped and backed away in surprise.

Cora frowned, "Hang on a second, that's a tail of a Girafarig."

"That's correct." A young female voice spoke up, stepping out from the bush. It was a girl with purple hair. Cora recognized her as Cherry.

"Who are you?" Mairin asked.

"My name is Cherry and that Girafarig in the bushes is mine." Cherry introduced herself.

Cherry's Girafarig came out of the bushes.

"Brin Brin." Cherry's Girafarig came out from the bush.

The gang introduced themselves to Cherry. Cherry noticed Cora's Girafarig.

Cherry smiled, "I like your Girafarig, Cora." She complimented.

Cora smiled back, "Thank you, Cherry."

"Bri." Psyche smiled.

"Do you have any other Psychic-type Pokémon?" Cherry asked, curiously.

"Yes I do, I have Kilala here who's a shiny Espeon, Delphox, Alakazam, Alolan Raichu, and a Meowstic as well." Cora said, not mentioning Mavis (Mew).

Cherry's eyes shined, "Wow Cora. I wish to have an Espeon like yours as well in the future. Maybe some other Psychic-type Pokémon from other regions."

"You really love Psychic-type Pokémon, don't you Cherry?" Alain asked.

"Yes," Cherry nodded, "Actually everyone in Len Town, where I live love Psychic-type Pokémon."

Alain looked up Len Town in the map book, "Ah, it's says here that in Len Town, everyone keeps a Psychic-type Pokémon." He read.

"That's right. It's also a tradition for everyone in Len Town to have a Psychic-type Pokémon. Ghost Pokémon who has lived in these woods for over hundreds of years. So we raise Psychic Pokémon, so that the ghost Pokémon wouldn't cause any trouble." Cherry explained.

Cora understood that. Her Gengar and Misdreavus along Kurama (Unovan Zoroark) were a bit of pranksters. Prof. Oak sometimes calls her to complain about a certain prank those three pulled. He really didn't like getting caught in their pranks.