Two Hits and a Miss

After Cora had earn herself the Plain Badge from Whitney, the Goldenrod Gym Leader, the gang continued their way to Ecruteak City. Along the way, Cora caught a Tyrogue, Gligar and Donphan. Alain also caught a shiny Spinarak and a Donphan. Mairin managed to catch a Hoppip, Sunkern and a Mareep. 

====================

The gang were walking through a forest, feeling very happy. They were happy with their new Pokémon evolutions. Alain and Cora's Totodile had evolved into Croconaw. On the same day and Mairin's Levy (Chikorita) into Bayleef. 

Today the gang were walking along to path till they heard some stomping sound coming from behind them, they turned and saw the wild bull Pokémon.

"A Tauros!" Mairin yelped.

As Tauros continued to charge forward not stopping, the gang quickly move to the side of the path, to avoid it.

When Tauros past them a teen was running behind it, and he was exhausted.

"Tauros! Take it easy, come back!" The trainer yelled out, after falling on ground.

"Erm..." Cora stared and turned to the side seeing an old man walking in the same path as of the Tauros. "Oh no!" She gasped.

Cora skidded down the slope, "Look out!" She shouted out and reached the bottom. "I choose you, Esther." She sent out the Owl Pokémon.

"Briii!" Esther the Noctowl appeared, sparkling.

"Hoho, a Noctowl, I'm interested to see how you will use that Pokémon." The old man said.

"Esther, use Air Slash." Cora ordered.

Esther release three energy disc from her wings and all three Air Slash hits the ground, stopping Tauros in its tracks.

"Mooo!" Tauros stopped and stared at the shiny owl Pokémon. The wild bull Pokémon charged towards Esther.

"Fly around Tauros." Esther flew around Tauros in circles about ten times before the wild bull Pokémon started to feel dizzy.

"Clever." The old man complimented.

"Okay, now's our chance. Use Hypnosis." The Owl Pokémon stared at Tauros and used Hypnosis, making the wild bull Pokémon fall asleep.

"Great job Esther." Cora said, as her Owl Pokémon landed on her left arm.

"Brii..." Esther nodded. Cora strokes her feathers as she cooed at the attention.

The gang and the trainer of Tauros caught up to Cora.

Tauros Trainer's gave a sorry expression, "Woah, thanks a lot." He recalled back his falling wild bull Pokémon, "I was practicing some attacks with my Tauros when a Beedrill came out of nowhere and stung it."

Cora winced, "Ouch."

Tauros's trainer gave a small laugh, "Yeah."

"Excellent... Excellent! You've trained that Noctowl of yours exceptionally well young lady." The old man told Cora.

"Thank you." Cora thanked him.

"Brii!" Esther nodded.

"If you're interested in Pokémon, I may have the perfect job for you." The old man said.

"Huh?" The gang blinked.

"Espe?"

"Chesp?"

"Togi?"

"Bri?"

'Why do I feel that I'm not going to like this?' Cora thought, nervously.

=====================