The Final Battle Rounds

The day after Cora had defeated Emma, Emma was against her next opponent in the round-robin tournament. Cora's next opponent was a trainer from Cianwood City, named Daniel. Emma had won the match with her last Pokémon which was Meganium who defeated Daniel's Politoed. Emma was the winner and now earned three points.

"Now that Emma has three points like you Cora, you'll have to beat or draw with Daniel to win." Alain warned her.

"Yes, and I am going to win." Cora said with determination.

=======================

When the gang went to the Pokémon center, they decided to call Prof. Elm. Once the Professor answered their call, they told Prof. Elm about their success of returning Larvitar to his mother at the Pokémon Reserve and the capture of the three poacher brothers. It made Prof. Elm happy to know that Larvitar was back with Tyranitar.

"[Cora, I wish you luck in this tournament.]" Prof. Elm said.

Cora thanked him and finished the phone call.

======================

The gang started to look up on Daniel on the computer. Apart from having Quilava, Jumpluff, Pupitar and Delibird, Daniel also had a Azumarill and a Magneton. Cora had to think about this.

"I've got it," She finally said, "I'm going to use Veton, Lilith, and Sanie."

{A/N: Veton (Elekid), Lilith (Houndoom), Sanie (Feraligatr)}

"Those are good choices." Alain said.

Mairin liked the idea too.

=======================

Next day it was time for Cora and Daniel's battle. Daniel picked out his Azumarill to battle first and Cora sent out Veton (Elekid).

"Azumarill, use Water Gun!" Vincent commanded.

"Veton, Thunderbolt!" Cora countered.

The thunderbolt and water gun attacks collided and broke apart.

"Use Iron Tail, Azumarill!" Vincent ordered.

Azumarill ran over to Veton with its tail glowing white.

"Grab Azumarill's tail!" Cora countered.

Veton stopped Azumarill's tail from hitting her which surprised Azumarill and Daniel.

"Now Thunder Shock!" Veton shocked Azumarill good with Thunder Shock. Then Azumarill fainted.

"Well done, Veton." Cora complimented her Electric Pokémon.

Veton rubbed the back of her head and smiled sheepishly. Suddenly Veton glowed white which surprised everyone. Veton's shape began to change as she grew bigger. When the glow died down, Veton revealed her evolved form.

"Electabuzz!" Veton smiled.

"Veton, you evolved!" Cora smiled back.

Daniel returned Azumarill and sent out his next Pokémon, a Magneton. 

"Magneton!" Magneton said as it appeared on the field.

Cora returned Veton and sent out Lilith the Houndoom.

Lilith howled when she appeared on the field.

"Use Flamethrower, Lilith." Lilith blew flamethrower at Magneton, but Magneton dodged it.

"Use Thunderbolt, Magneton." Daniel ordered.

"Dig!" Lilith dug into the ground before Magneton could shock her.