Cora Joy vs. The Blessed User of Dragon Pokémon

The next day it was now time for Cora to battle Clair and earn her final gym badge. Although Ash wishes that he was battling Clair right now.

"Even though this will be my sixteenth gym battle, this will be my first dragon type gym battle." Cora admitted.

"You're right about that, Cora." Alain agreed, "truth is you hardly get any gyms that use dragon type Pokémon. You normally get the usual water, grass or fire type gyms."

"What Pokémon are you going to use, Cora?" Mairin asked, "I mean Dragon type Pokémon aren't the easiest Pokémon to beat you know."

"I'm using Glitz, Athena, and Zenith." Cora replied.

{A/N: Glitz (Glitzeon), Athena (Shiny Zacian), Zenith (Shiny Rayquaza)}

"You're using Zenith in this battle?" Alain asked.

Cora smiled, "That's correct, Alain."

"Awe, I can't wait to see that." Mairin said.

============================

They soon came to the Blackthorn Gym. The Blackthorn Gym was huge; the size of a mansion. Kaburagi welcomed the gang and led them to the gym's battlefield, where Clair was waiting for them. The battlefield was big as well and there was a pool for water Pokémon in the middle.

"I take it you're ready for our gym challenge huh, Cora?" Clair asked.

"Yes Clair, I am." Cora replied, confidently.

========================

Alain, Mairin, Ash, Misty and Brock took their place behind Cora.

"I wonder if Cora will be okay against a Dragon type gym." Brock pondered.

"Don't worry, Cora has dealt with Dragon types before." Alain stated.

"You're right about that, Alain." Mairin agreed.

=========================

"This is an official Blackthorn City Gym Match, the Challenger is battling for a Rising Badge." Kaburagi announced, "The Gym Leader and the Challenger will use three Pokémon each and the match ends when all two Pokémon of either opponents are unable to continue battling. The Challenger will attack first, the Challenger will be permitted to make substitutions during the match, the Gym Leader will not."

"You ready, Cora?" Clair asked.

Cora nodded, "I'm ready."

"Let the match begin!" Kaburagi declared.

Clair sent out her Dragon Pokémon, "Let's go, Kingdra!"

"Kingdra!" Kingdra appeared on the field.

Cora sent out her Eevee Dual type Pokémon, "Let's go, Glitz!"

"Glitzeon!" Glitz the Glitzeon appeared on the field.

"Glitzeon, huh?" Clair asked, interested.

"Glitzeon, use Attract!" Glitz winked and sent out a few hearts towards Kingdra whose eyes soon turned heart shaped ones.

"Kingdra!" Clair gasped.

"Now Moonblast!" An image of the moon appears behind Glitz. Then she formed an orb of pink energy in front of her mouth and fired it at Kingdra who skidded a little in the pool.

Kingdra was still under the effect of 'Attract' and Cora knew that she had to work fast.

"Glitz, Dazzling Gleam!" Glitz released a bright, sparkling light from her body and slammed into Kingdra who grunted at the attack and was pushed back in the water.