The Pokémon Reserve

The gang were getting near to Mt. Silver, but now they were on the way to the Pokémon Preserve area, Larvitar's birthplace.

"Are we there at the Pokémon Preserve yet?" Mairin asked.

Brock looked at the map. "Actually, we are," he said, "It says we need to cross the bridge, that's in front of us, and then we will be in the preserve in no time."

"That's great," Cora smiled and turned to Larvitar, "You hear that Larvitar? We're at your home at last."

Larvitar jumped out of Cora's arms and ran over the bridge.

"Hey wait for us, Larvitar!" Brock called out.

The gang followed Larvitar at once.

====================

Larvitar was happily walking through the preserve area.

"Larvitar probably remembers this place." Misty suggested.

"Well Pokémon do see and feel what's happening in the world outside their egg." Cora pointed out.

"Then Larvitar must have seen much of this area in his egg before he got stolen." Alain added.

Brock nodded, "I agree."

Suddenly everyone heard a roar.

"What was that?" Ash asked, a bit frightened.

Before his question could be answered, a large, bipedal, dinosaurian Pokémon with a green, armor-like hide covering its body. It has two pairs of pointed teeth: one in the upper jaw and one in the lower. Several spikes of varying size protrude from the back of its head, neck, and shoulders. Both sides of its chest, the center of its back, and its knees have two triangular holes. There is a gray, diamond-shaped patch of scales covering its belly, and a smaller one on its back. It has three claws on its feet and hands. A ring of spikes surrounds the tip of its tail, and it appeared in front of the gang.

"It's Tyranitar." Brock said.

Cora looked up Tyranitar on her Rotom phone:

[Tyranitar, the armor Pokémon. The final evolved form of Larvitar. In just one of its mighty hands, it has the power to make the ground shake and mountains crumble.]

The gang noticed a scar on the Tyranitar's chest.

"It's the same Tyranitar we saw in Larvitar's memories before." Brock stated.

"And that means this is Larvitar's mother." Alain realized.

"Larvitar, this is your mother. Go say hi." Cora suggested.

Larvitar glanced at Cora and turned back to Tyranitar. Cora knelt behind Larvitar.

"It's okay, Larvitar. She'll know it's you." Cora assured Larvitar.

Larvitar turned to Cora, "Larvitar? (Really?)" He asked.

Cora nodded. Larvitar turned back to Tyranitar and slowly began walking towards her. Then he stood a little bit in front of her.

"Larv, Larvitar. Larv. Larvitar Larv Larv Larvitar. (Mom, It's me. Your son. I got separated from when those three men took me from you.)" Larvitar stated.

Tyranitar stared at Larvitar and leaned down and sniffed Larvitar. She blinked in shocked and gazed at Larvitar.

"Growl? Growl? (Son? Is it really you?)" Tyranitar asked.

Larvitar nodded with tears in the corner of his eyes. Tyranitar smiled and picked up her son. The two nuzzled against each other happily.

"Larvitar. Larv Larvitar. (Oh mom. There are some people I want you to meet.)" Larvitar said.