Pokémon Heroes: Latios & Latias

Cora and her friends were in the city of Alto Mare where a water chariot race, called the tour de Alto Mare was taking place. The tour de Alto Mare was a traditional race held annually in Alto Mare, and what competitors did was race through the canals of Alto Mare, riding on floating platforms that would be pulled by their own water Pokémon.

Cora, Alain, Ash and Misty were entering the race while Brock and Mairin were going to watch it on the big screen TV, which was shown on the side of a building near the starting point of the race. Cora was using Sanie (Feraligatr), Alain was using Floatzel, Ash was using Totodile and Misty was using Corsola. Kilala was with Cora on her shoulder and Brock was taking care of Misty's Togepi as Mairin, Pikachu, Jevin (Togepi), and Chespie (Chespin) watched.

"Testing. Testing." The announcer said, "Ladies and gentlemen, it's a beautiful day for Alto Mare's annual Water Chariot Festival and it looks like we've got a record turnout. Are you ready for the main event?"

The crowd cheered with excitement.

"Trainers, when you hear the Xatu, that'll be your cue."

Three Natu's were standing on top of a Xatu. The three Natu's spread their wings one by one and then Xatu spread out its which meant that the race had started and the competitor's water Pokémon were swimming through the canals like crazy. The people, who were watching the race cheered for the competitors like crazy. Cora, Alain, Ash and Misty were doing very well, and they were all eager to win first place. Another competitor who had a Wailmer, a whale type Pokémon, was going neck and neck with the three trainers.

=======================

After going through many twists and turns during the race, Cora, Alain, Misty, Ash and the Wailmer trainer were getting near to the finish line. Cora, Alain, Misty, Ash and the Wailmer trainer were neck and neck to the finish line, hoping to cross the finish line first. Suddenly an invisible shadow took hold of the rope that Sanie was pulling Cora's floating platform with, and then pulled her fast to the finish line. Cora and Kilala noticed the invisible shadow pulling them along. But before she knew it, she and Sanie crossed over the finish line first and the shadow disappeared.

======================

Cora got congratulated by Alain, Misty, Ash and the Wailmer trainer and was presented the glass medal as her prize. The medal was a beautiful clear glass medal, with a green tint and green figures that looked like Pokémon and a green circle in the middle. A ribbon came with it as well. Cora decided to have her medallion sent home at once; that way it would be safe at home and not end up broken on her travels.

=========================

Then the race was over, the Wailmer trainer, whose name was Ross, offered to give the gang a tour around the city in his gondola. The gang agreed and Ross got his gondola ready for the tour. Soon the gang were riding Ross's gondola and admiring Alto Mare. When they were at the entrance of Alto Mare, where the canals reached the sea, the passed by two big and tall pillars that held a statue each.

"Hey those statues are the same figures on my glass medallion." Cora said.

"Those are known as the guardians of Alto Mare. That's Latios on the left and Latias on the right. Legend has it that they watch over our town and protect us in case of danger." Ross explained.

"Are they just statues or do they really exist?" Brock questioned.

"They say they do." Ross answered.

"Do you think that we'll be able to meet Latios and Latias while we are here?" Mairin asked.

"It would be awesome if we could." Ash commented.