Whirl Cup Competition: Preliminary Rounds

After many adventures and many new friends, the gang have arrived at Scarlet City on Red Rock Isle, sight of the Whirl Cup Competition.

The gang saw lots of posters and banners of Whirl Cup symbol.

"Wow. Look at all these." Mairin said, looking at the symbols.

"They're everywhere." Alain added.

"Let's head to the Pokémon Centre first so Cora can register for the Preliminary Rounds." Brock commented.

"Right." Cora said.

So the gang headed towards the Pokémon Centre where the registration is being held.

==================

When the gang arrived at the Pokémon Centre, inside it was filled with trainers. That's where they met up with Ash and his friends.

Nurse Grace Joy was typing up things on the computer, "Next entry. Step up please." She said.

"Aunt Grace, I would like to enter in the Whirl Cup Competition." Cora told her.

"Me too, Nurse Joy." Misty said.

"Me too, Nurse Joy." Ash added.

"That's fine. Please tell me your name and where you're from." Nurse Grace Joy told them.

"Cora Joy from Viridian City."

"Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town."

"Misty Waterflower from Cerulean City."

Nurse Grace Joy typed up the information into her computer, "These names. Well, it's going to be an interesting competition this year." She said to herself, "Now then, the preliminaries will take place in several stadiums." She held up a map, "This will help you locate them. Cora, you'll be in Stadium A." She gave the map to Cora.

"Okay, thank you." Cora takes the map.

"Espeon." Kilala said.

"And Misty, you'll be in Stadium B." Nurse Grace Joy hands the Cerulean City Gym Leader a map also.

Misty takes it, "Thank you."

"Togepriii." Misty's Togepi said.

"Ash, you'll be in Stadium C." Nurse Grace Joy hands the map to Ash.

"How rounds are there going to be?" Cora asked.

"After the preliminary rounds, only 64 trainers will be allowed to battle in finals." Nurse Grace Joy explained, "But the number of preliminary rounds depends on the number of the total entrances." She typed more things up, "Let's see. Base on the total number of entries of this year competition... It looks like... Two wins is needed to move onto the finals."

"I see." Cora said.

"We'll see each other in the finals, Cora." Misty said to Ash. 

"Consider this a rematch." Misty declared.

Ash smiled, "You betcha' Misty."

Brock was reading the rules, "Hmm."

"Anything we need to know, Brock?" Cora asked.

"There is. Apparently, if you lose one match you'll be out of the competition." Brock replied.

"That's tough." Alain commented.

"How many Pokémon can we use?" Misty asked.

"It says here, that for the Preliminary Rounds you may use only one Water Pokémon." Brock read from the guidebook, "In the second and third round you use two Water Pokémon and then in the Semifinals and Final Round, you use three Water Pokémon."