Cora Joy vs. The Teacher of Winter's Harshness

Today was the day for Cora to battle Pryce and earn her seventh gym badge. At that moment, Cora and the others were walking back to Mahogany Gym.

"You better watch out for Piloswine, Cora. I mean I know Pryce and Piloswine were separated for forty years, but Sheila told us that he and Piloswine were really tough opponents." Alain warned.

"I know Alain, but you don't need to worry, because I have the perfect Pokémon to fight Piloswine." Cora assured him.

Everyone couldn't wait to see Cora's strategy.

==========================

Cora and the gang arrived at the gym. Pryce greeted the gang and led the gang to the battlefield, inside the gym. The battlefield was an ice rink, with a little pool, and lots of blocks of ice.

"Wow, what a battlefield." Cora commented in amazement.

"Since I own an Ice-Type gym, I like to make it icy." Pryce stated, "So are you ready for our gym battle?"

"Sure am." Cora replied.

==================

Cora walked onto her side of the battlefield, while Pryce walked onto his side. Alain, Mairin, Ash, Misty and Brock stood behind Cora and Sheila took her place as the referee at the side.

"This is an official Mahogany Town Gym Match, the Challenger is battling for a Glacier Badge." Sheila announced, "The Gym Leader and the Challenger will use two Pokémon each and the match ends when all two Pokémon of either opponent are unable to continue battling. The Challenger will attack first, the Challenger will be permitted to make substitutions during the match, the Gym Leader will not."

"Ready, Cora?" Pryce asked.

"You bet." Cora smiled.

"Let the match begin!" Sheila declared.

"Dewgong!" Pryce sent out the Sea Lion Pokémon.

"Dew!" Dewgong appeared on the field.

"Lozen, let's go!" Cora sent out the Handstand Pokémon.

"Hitmontop." Lozen the Hitmontop appeared on the field.

"Be careful on the battlefield, Lozen. The ice will be very slippery." Cora warned.

Lozen nodded, "Top."

"Dewgong, use Ice Beam!" Pryce ordered.

Dewgong fired a beam of ice towards Lozen.

"Lozen, Double Team!" Cora countered.

The Ice Beam missed Lozen and hit one of the copies.

"Clever Cora, but it's not enough, use Blizzard, Dewgong." Pryce commanded.

Dewgong fired a blizzard attack at the copies, and the copies vanished one by one.

"Quick, jump into the water." Cora countered.

The real Lozen quickly jumped into the pool just in time to dodge the blizzard attack.

=======================

"Using the pool was a good idea to dodge the blizzard attacks." Brock commented.

"I'm glad that Lozen knows how to swim, even though she's not a water type." Mairin added.

====================

"Dewgong, go into the pool and use Headbutt!" Pryce commanded.