All That Glitters!

Soon after their adventure with Todd Snapp, Ash and his friends got separated from Cora's group. Cora decided to do some training with her Pokémon along with Mairin's. When they were done, Aries (Mareep), Chelley (Mareep) evolved into Flaaffy and Levy (Bayleef) into Meganium. Cora also managed to find a Spinarak.

====================

On their way to Olivine City, for Cora's next Gym Badge and right they were taking a nice break near a stream. Ash and his friends came across them. Misty's Togepi egg had evolved as well. Brock decided to make lunch for all of them. Brock was making them all lunch; stew, with salads on the side and bread. Mairin decided to give him a hand.

Cora was polishing her four Gym Badges. Ash was polishing his as well.

"You certainly look happy when you're polishing your badges, Cora." Alain said, who had been watching her.

"Espe~" Kilala said, as she sat on the log where all the badges were placed.

"Of course I am Alain," Cora she petted her partner's head, "We need just four more Gym Badges to enter the Johto League." She told Kilala.

Kilala beamed, "Espeon!" She said.

Alain couldn't argue with Cora there.

"Okay." Brock nodded, satisfied at the table arrangements, "Lunch is done!" He called out.

"Coming!" Cora said, as she put away her polished Badges.

Alain and Ash followed behind her.

Ash, however, left his gym badges out on the log. 

=====================

After having lunch, the gang were helping Brock clean up.

Just then Mairin, Jevin (Togepi) and Misty's Togepi saw something sticking out from a bush, it was black feathers. Jevin, being the innocent and curious Pokémon that he is, pulled the black feathers.

"Murkrow!" It said.

"Hey, what's that?" Mairin asked.

Before Mairin's question could be answered, three black bird Pokémon with a yellow beak popped out from the bush.

"Those are Murkrow." Brock replied.

Cora took out her phone:

[Murkrow, the Darkness Pokémon. Murkrow confuse would-be attackers by luring them into dark mountain trails, where they are sure to get lost.

Note: Murkrow has a fondness for anything sparkly, and it will go as far as fighting with other Pokémon, such as Meowth or Gabite, in order to gain their stashes.]

"Brock, Ash," Cora said, "Your things."

Brock nodded and packed up all his equipment, expect one shiny clean spoon, they were lying on the ground. Ash's gym badges were seated on the log. 

"Murkrow...." The darkness Pokémon eyes glinted, and they immediately picked, snatched each of them up and flew off with it, "Murkrow!!"

"My gym badges!" Ash cried out.

"Hey give that back!" Brock shouted and then he and Ash ran after the three Murkrow.

Cora, Alain, Misty and Mairin packed up all the rest of the stuff, before any more of them got lost.

"Brock sure is upset over a loss of a spoon." Mairin commented.

"Well don't forget Mairin, Brock hates it when someone or something takes his things." Cora pointed out.