The Light House

After the adventure of helping a past Pokémon Trainer and Celebi, the gang (Cora, Alain and Mairin) had continued on the road once again and they have made it to Olivine City.

"Finally, we're here," Cora said, "Now I can earn my sixth gym badge."

"Espe." Kilala agreed.

"So, what type does Olivine Gym Leader specialize in, Cora?" Mairin asked.

"Steel-types. So I'll use Hugo (Typhlosion) and Lilith (Houndour), because fire beats steel type," Cora replied, "But I heard that the Gym Leader has developed a unique way to defend against Fire-type."

"Really? That's something." Mairin said, amazed.

"But I'm sure that you'll figure something out, Cora." Alain smiled.

The gang continued on their way to the Olivine City Gym.

=================

The gang decided to stop at the Pokémon Center for some food and rest. Cora decided that she and her Pokémon would train for the next two days. Then Iroh (Hakamo-o) evolved into Kommo-o, Ringo (Thwackey) evolved into Rillaboom, and Lilith (Houndour) into Houndoom the next day after training. Alain's Houndour also evolved into Houndoom. Strangely enough, Lilith was bigger than the regular size Houndoom. The gang was quite interested in their evolved forms.

=================

Two Days Later

The gang arrived at the Olivine Gym. It was designed of a big steel roof. Cora walked towards the door and knocked on it twice, but nothing and she tried again...

...

...

...

But still no one answered the door.

"Does that mean the Gym Leader isn't here?" Mairin asked.

"Don't know. Could be." Alain answered.

Before anyone else could say anything, the door to the gym opened and a little girl with green hair came out and saw the gang at the door.

"Hi there, my name is Janina Konatsu and I'm Jasmine's apprentice." The little girl introduced.

"Jasmine? Is she the Gym Leader?" Cora questioned.

"Yes."

"Is she here? I would like to challenge her to a gym battle for a badge." Cora explained.

Janina shook her head, "Jasmine isn't here at the moment, she's at the Shining Lighthouse on the wharf." She told them, "She has been going there a lot lately."

"Why?"

"You have to see for yourself."

Cora nodded, "Sure."

======================

The gang followed Janina, who led them to the location of the Shining Lighthouse.

"Hey Janina, I take it that you wish to take over the leadership of Olivine Gym for Jasmine when you're older?" Mairin asked.

Janina smiled, "Yes, I do but I don't think that I'm cut out for it..." She replied, sadly.

Mairin blinked, "Uh, why do you think that?" She asked.

"Well, Jasmine says that I don't fully understand my Onix. There are so many things about being a trainer and gym leader that I don't understand, and I don't think that I'm strong enough... Because my Onix always get beaten by a Water-type Pokémon." Janina explained, "Not to mention that she caught me cheating the other week."