Secrecy

"Wo Fat."

"Funny! I just heard Wo Fat, but that can't be true, because he's in a maximum security prison on the mainland."

"Well, that's what we thought. However, we did some research. He already erupted 2 weeks ago."

"And why are we just now finding out about it?"

"I just spoke to a contact at the CIA, he told me they tried to keep it as secret as possible so they could take matters into their own hands. They knew McGarrett was interfering with them, if he knows about it."

"Okay, great. I have an idea. Let's go up to Kono so she can hear it too."

So Danny and Chin quickly rode the elevator up, stood by Kono and Danny shared his thoughts with them.

"Well I think we now know why Ava Richmond wanted to kill Steve. Wo Fat has always been after Steve. He knew the CIA was trying to keep it secret. So he used that to act unnoticed. He's got our friend here assigned to take care of Steve. And he then commissioned Ava because it would have been too easy to trace him back to Wo Fat. Ava then waited for the right moment and did it. So that she doesn't chatter, Yamamoto has eliminated her. We can only hope Wo Fat doesn't yet know that Steve is alive. We should go to the hospital immediately!"

The team rushed to get to the hospital. Danny called Catherine, who didn't answer, which worried him even more.

Arriving at the hospital, Danny immediately ran to Steve's room and threw open the door. A huge stone fell from his heart. He saw Steve and Catherine. She looked at him questioningly.

"Hey Danny! Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to check on Steve. And I need to talk to you for a minute about the current case. It's important, so will you come out with me for a minute?"

"Sure."

Steve just looked at them questioningly. Then Kono and Chin came into the room.

"Hey boss. How are you?"

"Fine, thanks for asking, Kono."

"You mustn't always scare us like that."

"I'll try to avoid it."

On the corridor:

"So Danny what's up?"

"We, well, we caught Ava Richmond's killer."

"That's actually good, isn't it?"

"Yes, but there was only one number on his phone. Not traceable, but it had an audio message on it. Now please don't panic, but it's Wo Fat."

"Wait, what?! He's in a maximum security prison."

"Yes, we thought so, but Chin's contact at the CIA confirmed that he broke out 2 weeks ago and the CIA withheld this information. And from this we conclude that Wo Fat is after Steve. However, at this time we have no idea where he is or if he knows that Steve survived."

"OK. So that's not good at all. I'll tell Steve about it."

But then Danny grabbed Catherine's arm.

"No, please don't do that."

"I promised Steve I wouldn't lie to him again, so I'm not doing that."

"Catherine, I get that, really. I don't want to lie to him either, but you know as well as I do what happens when we tell him that. He pretends to be an indestructible SEAL and goes off alone to apprehend him. And then he certainly doesn't pay attention to what the doctor says and puts himself in danger. He can't do that in his condition. Even if he himself describes it as "everything is okay". We have to protect him from himself this time."