Harrington

Steve didn't understand why Catherine had just left so quickly. She could have just told him quickly what was going on.

So he called her, but she didn't answer. Steve thought it over, but then made up his mind to find her.

He got up, dressed and left his room. He wasn't in pain because the painkillers were still working.

But Steve walked down the aisle at exactly the wrong time. Doctor Kahale had been on the way to Steve's room to take his values. So Steve ran right into his arms.

"Commander. I thought you agreed to stay. And you shouldn't even walk around like that. It's not good for your ribs at all."

"No, you don't understand. I'll be back, but there's an incident."

"You have to stay here. I'm serious. You don't feel it through the painkillers, but your body need rest to recover from all of this."

"Yes and I'll come back. But now I really have to go."

Steve was about to walk past him when doctor Kahale held his arm.

"Its not possible. As soon as the painkillers lose their effect, you will experience severe pain. And if you overdo it, your body will shut down. In Addition to that, your ribs are far from healed, so further internal injuries could occur."

"I don't care. I don't have time to discuss with you now either."

He quickly broke free and ran to the exit. But doctor Kahale didn't give up, he called security at the exit. These got ready.

When Steve got to the exit, they wanted to stop and sedate him. But he had no problems with the two men. In a flash, he got them out of the way. Without seriously hurting them, because they were only doing their job.

Next, he got a taxi and drove to headquarters first. There was no one there because there was no case at the time. At least that's what Steve thought. Because as he walked into his office, Danny came out of his office and saw Steve. He immediately ran to Steve's office.

"Steven. Shouldn't you be in the hospital?"

"Shouldn't you be home?"

"No. I was just finishing up the files on the guy who tried to kidnap Catherine."

"What?! Who and when?!"

"Just one of Wo Fat's little henchmen. He tried to kidnap her, that was just before we left, to save you my friend. Which you haven't even said thank you for, by the way."

"Okay. Yes, thanks. For real. But I really don't have time right now."

"What's going on?"

"I'm just trying to find out for myself. Catherine was with me earlier. Then she got a call and left immediately. That doesn't suit her. Normally she would have told me briefly what it was about, no matter how urgent. I've come here to trace her phone."

"Maybe it's about someone in the family. I would probably react the same way."

"No, Danny. I do not believe that. Like I said, she always tells me what's going on. I'm just worried right now."

"Understood. I'll help you."

"Thank you Danny. I'm locating her phone right now. Hope she didn't turn it off."

A moment later:

"I got the signal! She is in the HPD."

"In the HPD?"

"Yes. I have no idea what she wants there. But I'll find out now."

"I'm coming with you."

"If you really want to, then please. But I drive."