Chapter 1

Madeline Ayer woke up to the sound of her maid opening her bedroom door. She sat up giving her maid a small smile, as she pulled opened the curtains, letting the sunlight in the princess's room.

"Princess, your parents are already up, they want you to come downstairs for breakfast." Her maid, Elizabeth said. Elizabeth was a tall pale skinny woman with very light brown hair, she had bright green eyes, that Madeline wished she had. 

"I'm up, can you get me my clothes out while I go to the bathroom?" Madeline asked, Elizabeth nodded, as Madeline got out of her large king bed, slipped on her slippers, and walked to the bathroom.

Once she walked out, she saw Elizabeth had already made up her bed, picked out a pretty powder blue dress for Madeline. Madeline changed into the dress and shoes, while Elizabeth got out a large white bow and a brush to do her hair.

Once they were done, Madeline walked down to breakfast. Her mother and father, along with her two younger twin siblings, Grace and Elijah Ayer were sitting around the breakfast table. 

"There you are, Madeline. I was starting to think you overslept." Her mother, Alexanderia, said, Madeline shook her head as she sat down at the large breakfast table, next to her younger brother, and father who sat at the head of the table. 

"Mads over sleeping. Never." Grace said, sarcastically, making Madeline chuckle.

"Sorry Mum." Madeline said,

"Never mind that, just start your breakfast, you have a long day ahead of you." Madeline nodded, as a butlers started bringing out their breakfast.

"Mads," Her dad said,

"Yes?"

"You're going to be attending several meetings with me today, before you leave for boarding school, and then were going to have a private lunch-" But before he could finish there was a loud noise heard from behind the doors. The family all looked at each other confused.

"What is going on?" Elijah asked, as they heard more shouting. Then it went very quiet, as the great rooms doors were slowly opened by themselves like magic, Madeline thought, and a man with a very long white beard and hair, he was wearing a very long blue dress, and a matching pointy hat.

"Who are you?" William yelled standing up, his chair making a loud creaking noise as he stood up.

"Hello King William Ayer, my name is Albus Dumbledore. I am here to deliver your daughter's Hogwarts letter." The man said, as he walked into the room.

"What are you talking about? Where are my guards?" William shouted,

"Oh well, you must forgive me but a couple of them are laying passed out on the ground. They weren't letting me in here, but I must speak to you and your wife alone." He said before looking down at Madeline and smiling.

"I do not intend to harm you, but your daughter Madeline Ayer, is a witch."

"Excuse me?" Alexanderia said.

"A witch, a women or girl with magical abilities." William stared at the man before saying.

"Kids go to your rooms, now." He said,

"But Dad-"

"Now." He told Madeline. Madeline signed as the three of them stood up and walked out of the great room.

"Madeline come on," Grace said, as Madeline waited for the door to shut.

"Sh, I'm going to listen." Madeline said.

"But dad said to-"

"I don't care it's about me, I'm going to listen." Madeline said, as she opened the door, so slowly hoping the adults didn't notice. 

"You can sit," William told Dumbledore, gesturing to Madline's empty seat. Dumbledore sat down, his eyes scanning the breakfast plates, he flicked his wand and the tea pot poured tea in his empty cup.

"I do enjoy tea." He said, chuckling at their shocked expressions, as he sipped on his tea.

"You were saying?" William asked.

"Ah yes! Well, as I said before, my name is Albus Dumbledore. I am the headmaster of Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Our students have magical abilities that we train them to control, and then usually they get jobs in our world-"

"You have your own world?" William shouted; Dumbledore nodded.

"Why was I not informed of this? I am the king; I should know about everything that happens in my country." 

"Well, you see we have our own government and our own minister it's to protect our secret from getting out."

"I need to talk to this minister." William said,

"I assure you I shall set up a meeting, but now we must finish go back to business. I'll cut it short, Madeline is a witch. A muggle-born witch."

"What is a muggle?" Alexanderia asked, 

"It means she comes from two non-magical parents. It happens all the time I assure you. Now our main focus must be to send her to Hogwarts on September first."

"She's the future queen, we want her main focus to be on England and it's future. I don't want her getting distracted." William said, Dumbledore shook his head.

"I must warn you, children who are not sent to a magical school can have horrible outcomes. They may even go insane, and by that time it's too late to get them under control." Madeline felt her heart drop to her gut, even if she was a freshly turned 11-year-old, she understood what insane meant.

"Well, were going to send her to a boarding school anyway," Alexanderia whispered to her husband.

"How many years does this take? She needs to be crowned queen by 25, her studies are going to start when she hits 19." 

"Our students graduate when they are around 17-18. Just like a muggle school. She will have plenty of time before she starts her studies." Dumbledore promised, before he flicked his wand again, and a piece of parchment landed in front of William.

"This is her Hogwarts letter. One of my professors will come tomorrow afternoon and take the princess shopping for school supplies. You may join them if you'd like."

"We better go get Madeline and let her know." Alexanderia said, Dumbledore chuckled.

"Oh, she's already heard all of this. She's hiding behind the door listening right now." Dumbledore said, before sipping on his tea. Madeline jumped away from the door, staring at it in horror. 

"Madeline!" Her dad shouted making her jump. She pushed the door open, before smiling innocently at her father.

"Dad."

"Were you listening?"

"Absolutely-"

"Do not lie."

"True. I was listening." Madeline shrugged, making Dumbledore chuckle, and her parents shake their heads.

"I must be off. As I said, my professor is coming tomorrow in the afternoon. I will see you Princess Madeline on September 1. And one more thing, make sure not to tell anyone about Madeline's powers, not even your close friends and family." He said, tipping his hat to them before he flicked his wand and disappeared.