Chapter 45

"Where did Blaise go?" Theo asked Draco, as they waited at the base of the girls' stairs. Draco shook his head, watching the girls coming down from there dorm rooms. Every time he heard the sound of heels clicking on the stairs, or a sound of laughter he would turn his head, hoping to see Madeline but yet she still wasn't there. 

"Something about meeting us there and scooping out the single girls." Draco said, he pulled on his sleeves, were they to short? Maybe he should change before Madeline came down. No, he's being dramatic, there fine.

"Your sleeves are fine." Theo said, Draco looked up, seeing Theo smirking at him.

"I know that."

"Then stop pulling on them." 

"I'm not!"

"Your nervous. I can tell." Theo said, as they turned their heads waiting for the girls to arrive, but again were disappointed when it wasn't them.

"I don't get nervous."

"It's okay, when I had my first date with Daphne, I dropped my drink on her." Draco shook his head once more.

"I am not nervous." He muttered, but his heart was practically beating out of his chest. And once again they heard someone coming down the stairs. Draco turned his head, before his eyes landed on Madeline walking down the stairs. His eyes roamed over her; she wore a tight single strap dark green mermaid dress. Her hair was up in a messy bun with two strands framing her face.

"Close your mouth Malfoy," Theo whispered, before they reached him, Draco shook his head, as the girls reached them. 

"You look...beautiful." Draco said, Madeline blushed, as he took her hand, leaned down and kissed her knuckles.

"I'm sorry we're late, Madeline was struggling." Daphne said, filled with amusement and annoyance at the same time as she glanced at Madeline.

"You can't blame me, I usually have, Elizabeth, my maid does everything for me. I've never had to get ready alone." Madeline shrugged, as she looped her arm through Draco's. The group walked out of the Slytherin common room, and up to the great hall. 

Madeline knew several eyes were on her and Draco, very confused eyes. Pansy Parkinson sent her a murderous glare; having made fun of her the whole time she had gotten ready claiming Madeline was going with Crabbe. Along with Harry who had ended up going with Parvati Petal. 

"There you four are, really took your sweet time." Blaise said, walking up to them. The group walked inside, seeing no tables just yet, but the room was decorated with beautiful large tree's covered in silver and white. There were gargoyle statues on every corner of the room, and the ceiling was covered with blue icicles.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Madeline asked, thinking it was the prettiest ball she had ever been too. 

"Very," Draco muttered, but he wasn't staring at the room. They waited a couple more minutes, before finally the great hall doors opened, and the champions walked in. They met in the middle of the dance floor before the music started playing, and they danced somewhat awkwardly.

After the dance, Dumbledore flicked his wand, and tables appeared in front of the room. The group found a table near the back of the room, and sat down, as the dinner appeared. 

---

"Did you know, I caught a fifth-year girl asking my brother to the Yule?" Madeline asked Daphne as the band, the weird sisters got onto the stage.

"But he's in in second year, why would she ask him?" Daphne said, Madeline shrugged.

"Because she couldn't go with a champion, so she asked my brother! I almost hexed her. And Eiljah of course was about to agree. I don't know what to do with that boy." She signed, shaking her head. Madeline watched as other couples started standing up and going to the dance floor.