Day 6: A Little Hope

Hawks Pov:

______ hadn't woken up sence yesterday. I couldn't sleep, the nurse tried to kick me out but I didn't let them. They gave up after an 3 hours in. I didn't want to leave her side.

I called my angency and told them I wouldn't be there and only to call me for emergency. They were not really happy but understood why. I just explained that it was something I need to do. Right now _____ is my top priority.

The I had gotten a call from Recovery Girl. She had been one of the people whom I called yesterday to see if she had any information that could be useful. Most just told me to give up as it seemed like an impossible mission. Maybe I finally found a slight flicker of hope.  I answered with a very tired "hello?"

"Dear you seem tired did you rest?" She said.

"No I couldn't sleep a wink l last night. I'm just so worried about her"

"We'll get some! I'm sure that girlfriend of yours won't appreciate that you are not sleeping well. In fact I actually called about her."

"Go on."

"It's out there but form what your telling me, that girl issues is her quirk right?" Recovery girl said.

"Yeah."

"This might be morally gray but what if we just remove her quirk?"

"Like All for one?"

"Yes dear."

"That might actually work but what about the venom that all ready in here system."

"Anti-venom. It take a few days to synthesize but it be worth a chance."

"Okay but how are we going to remove her quirk tho?"

"Remember back when Overhaul wad running lose with the quirk destroying drugs."

"Wasn't that form a young girl's blood tho... it be ethical immoral."

"We kept a few for research purposes. Amand recently they had created a synthetic version waiting to be tested. So technically we're just making something good out of this retched things."

"I still like to get the consent of that girl. You know since it was base on her Umm unfortunate situation ..." I said " also how high of a chance do you think this would work?"

"I don't know dear. This is all theoretical, there's not many people with this issue or at least as bad as her case."

"So what a would be our next step."

"I'll come to (hospital name) after I am finished with my duties. I want to examine her myself. In the mean time you got get some rest then go talk to Eri for consent of using that drug.  When the girl of yours wakes up I would need to get her consent to proceed. I'll be honest Hawks This medical bill ain't gonna be cheap tho..."

"Thank you. Money isn't a problem I just want her to be okay"

After that I went to get lunch, Kai didn't have his cafe open so I went to the next best place, McDonald's for chicken nuggets. Then I went back t the hospital and accidentally fell asleep on one of the chairs in then hospital room.

I was woken up to by a few people talking. I look up to the window, it was already dark. I turn toward _____'s bed to see Kai and recovery girl discussing something.

"Recovery girl? Kai? What time is it?" I said.

"8." Kai said.

"How's _____?" I said.

"She's doing good right now. She woken up an hour ago and went back to sleep to rest. _____ didn't want to you wake up since you were sleeping soundly."

"Soo. About what we talked about." I said more awake now.

"It's possible but not without risks. I briefly discussed with ______ and Kai over their. Poor child, she's alway had been this sick and yet she never really said anything about it. "

"She was registered as quirkless by her parents and that how no one really found out about it at UA. All the doctors she had been too, ever had been payed off by her parents. It was stupid because apparently they were in a pretty high standing and saw ______ as a good-for-nothing. They saw it as a stain in there reputation have someone like her." Kai said angrily " Recovery thought it strange taht she ever noticed thsi even in her record during our time at UA so they did some investigation."

"That's a load of Bull Sh*t! How the hell did they get away with that!!" I said

"They're being held for fraud and with held information with chard them for child in dangerment. Good news is I got the to pay off the rest of ______ medical bills." Kai said.

"______ had agreed to trying the procedure I mention to you. It's not without its own risks but on the chance she does. She might be completely free of her quirk once and for all."

"How much chance?" I said.

"I talked to a few other doctors and we agreed it would be about an 25% on her survival."

"25% higher than if we did nothing " Kai said.

I nodded In slight relief, 1/4 of a chance that she would live. Heck all even take 1% if it mean there is a Chance to save her. I stayed by her side the entire night again, this time falling asleep whole holding her hand.

"I'll save you.... No matter what... I need to..."