XIII

//Baby hold on to my heart//

Alison found herself in her bed with Harold. And if was almost midnight. The two just laid there talking. It was times like this that Alison couldon't believe that Harold was in the Mafia.

He was just too kind. But then again; maybe since she cared so much about him that she only saw him as a good man.

When you feel a certain way for a man you forget all their flaws. Their perfect. And that's what Alison felt. She didn't know how she was able to look over that fact that he was probably one of the most dangerous men in the whole world.

That's love.

But Alison didn't know if she loved him. She didn't know what real love felt like. So she couldn't say she loved him yet.

Harold felt the same way really.

She was all he ever thought about. From the moment he met her and he knew he was falling for her.

And she was falling for him.

And he also knew he now couldn't live without her. Whether she would be his friend or something else he had to have her in his life. But all they knew was that they didn't know how to control their feelings. Their wild and untamed feelings. Neither of them had been in a situation where they were infatuated with one another and it proved to be an challenged to figure out their next moves.

"Harry?" Alison whispered; since she didn't want to disturb anyone else in the house.

"Sì Bella?".

"Can I ask you something?"

"Qualunque cosa tu voglia bella {Whatever you want beautiful}"

Alison looked at him confused and Harold couldn't help but notice how cute she looked when she was confused. So he helped her by just saying:

"Go on"

"What's it like being in the Mafia?"

"Why do you want to know"

"Because I want know what kind of life you live"

Harold started at her for a moment before signing.

"Being in the Mafia isn't like being a a group of friends or a gang. It's like one huge family. It's not a family where you can't trust people; it's not a family where your only tied to people by blood. It's so much more than that. It's more than a crime organisation. It's what I am. And once your in; your dammed forever" Harold says as he looks at her.

"It sounds like an adventure" Alison answers, smiling to herself.

Harold chuckled at what she was saying. "You could say that"

"Do you wish you weren't in the Mafia?"

"No....I couldn't even imagine not being part of it. It's my life. A life that I love. A life that I will never leave"

Alison hummed as she pushed her face into his broad chest, her mind going fuzzy from his intoxicating sent.

"What do you think about being in the Mafia?" Harold asked as he tilted her head up so her could see her eyes.

Alison smiled at him before speaking, "I think that your lifestyle is scary, dangerous and that your very brave to enjoy it" she said thoughtfully. Harold nodded as he took what she said into account.

"And besides, it doesn't matter what I think, it's your life and as long as you enjoy it then I'm happy"

"Would you want to have that life?" Harold asked tentatively.

Alison didn't speak for a while as she thought about it. She wasn't sure if she would be able to stomach it all. The endless deaths, the being in danger 24/7, the drug deals......

But she also knew that it wasn't just some random gang that were stupid. And that they were all like family and looked at for one another. Something which Alison didn't have for most of her life.

She looked up at him and shrugged as she spoke. "I don't know. It seems amazing but scary at the same time"

Harold thought about Allison's words as he carefully planned his next move. He wasn't sure what she would say but he knew what he wanted her answer to be.

"The reason I asked you this was  because I want you to be part of my life"

Alison shot up and looked at him in shock. She wasn't sure what Harold was trying to say. Sure they had kissed but that didn't mean he wanted a relationship of any sort at this moment. He could have just told her all those things to tell her to wait for him until he was ready. After all, they were still young and Harold might not want to be tied up with one girl yet. He could still want his freedom for all she knew. Or he could be saying what could change her life.

"What do you mean?" She asked him.

"What I'm trying to ask you is, Vuoi essere la mia ragazza Alison? (Will you be my girlfriend?)"

Now Alison didn't speak Italian or anything but she understood what he was saying for the look on his face and how close his lips were to her own. "Yes" she whispered before he pulled her close and planted his mouth on hers.

_________

Ciao amici, how are you guys? I hope your well and that you enjoyed this short chapter that I made because thought it was about time they got together properly. I wasn't too sure how he should ask her but I finally got it. So I hope you have a good day/evening and I'll see you very soon.

-Candide