XXI

//We fear the unknown//

2 hour or so after their talk, Alison had fallen asleep and Harold spent the rest of the night watching her; scared that if closed his eyes to sleep he would wake to find her gone.

°°°

Alison had a nightmare. She dreamt that a man had kidnapped her and Harold was dead so he couldn't save her. No matter how much she tried she couldn't wake up until she had died.

She shot out of bed holding her heart. She looked around to make sure she was still in Harold's bed; and when she saw she was still in the safe house she felt relived.

She pushed the Crimson covers off her body and got out of bed. She went into his en suit and brushed her teeth with her toothbrush and relieved herself before leaving the bathroom.

She walked out the door and was startled when she saw to large men at the door holding guns. She then realised that they were just the guards doing the morning watch. She gave them a smile before leaving them.

The safe house was hidden within the woods and was very big and very modern. It looked brand new and like no one had ever lived in it. It was white and brown and looked like one of those Greek Mansion's.

She saw that Harold was sitting outside by the pool so she quickly went down the stairs - passing many different guards - to join him. She saw him sitting on the chair with his hands in his face. His suit jacket and tie had been abandoned on the chair. Alison walked to him before sitting down on the chair next to him.

Harold had heard Alison walk to him and looked up to and looked at her with adoration. He hadn't had a wink of sleep. And it was over a girl. If you had told him this before he met Alison; he would've laughed then punched you in the face before shooting you in the head before being stupid.

"Morning" Alison said smiling softly at him.

"Morning"

Alison noticed the glass of whiskey on the floor next to his foot so she picked it up.

"It's a bit early for drinking" she stated shaking the glass while raising an eyebrow. Harold smirked a little.

"I needed it" Harold said.

"That's what my dad said before he became an alcoholic" Alison said admiring the pool.

"Your dads a Alcoholic?"

"Yeah, the only reason the hotel isn't under is because we would work to keep the business alive".

Harold wasn't shocked to here this. He already knew Alison's dad had been an alcoholic for years. He knew a lot about Alison's dad since he had a file on him. Actually everything about Alison's dad. And most of it wasn't good.

They sat in silence for a while, enjoying each other's company.

"You know," he started "you never gave me a good morning kiss" he finished before patting his lap. Alison put the glass on the floor before standing up and sitting on her boyfriend lap; straddling him.

Alison places a tender kiss on his lips leaving Harold aching for more. It was like she was deliberately teasing him and it drove Harold crazy. Alison pulled away smiling.

"Better?" She asked.

"No" was all Harold said before kissing her once more.

The kiss was a little more needy then the first but still tender. It left them feeling breathless.

When they parted, Harold's heart ached. He could lose the women he lost sleep over; and if he did, he didn't know what he would do.

"Listen, I'm going to work soon and I don't know when I'll be back so don't wait up" Harold said rubbing circles on Alison's exposed leg.