XXX

//Making my heart beat twice as fast//

March 2nd.

That day was the day that Alison's fate was sealed forever.

It started when she woke up. Usually she be woken up by Harold kissing or touching some part of her body and luring her out of her sleep.

But this time, Alison woke up willingly. And to any empty bed. She knew that he would become increasingly busy as he would finally have full control of the family 'business' and with his birthday coming closer, he was constantly going to different meetings for his legal and illegal duties.

She turned to his usual spot and saw a note there with her name on. She took it before reading it.

Good morning tesoro, I hope you slept well. Sorry that I couldn't be there when you woke, but I had to work. Get ready, Alfonso is waiting to take you to breakfast and to your surprise.

I'll see you later, bella.

-HD

Alison smiles at the fact that he left her a note so she wouldn't be clueless. She quickly got out of bed and went into the en suit bathroom and did her business before brushing her teeth and taking a shower.

When she was done and dressed for the cold weather she headed downstairs and outside.

As soon as she got left the building she was greeting with the cold air of Seattle and the smile of the driver called Alfonso who was one of Harold's most trusted men

As soon as she got left the building she was greeting with the cold air of Seattle and the smile of the driver called Alfonso who was one of Harold's most trusted men. Alfonso was in his late 40s and had served the Devine family for nearly 20 years. His dark brown could be mistaken for black with a few grey strands as well as bright grey eyes. He had a wife called Appolina, a Greek /Italian women who looked young for her age and 5 children, 2 boys grown up and 1 boy and 2 girls still at home.

She smiled back at him, being glad to see him once more.

"Ciao Miss Alison, it good to see you again" the said her Italian accent being stronger than before.

"Hey Alfonso. How have you and Appolina been? and the kids?" Alison asked as the door walked to the dark grey Audi A3. "Their good miss Alison and so am I and Appolina".

Alfonso opened the back seat door for Alison and quickly got in to escape from the cold air. Once they were both in and comfortable with their seat bleats on; Alison decided to ask one of the questions she desperately needed an answer to.

"So Fonso, where we going?"

"I'm taking to Mr Devine's favorite places to have breakfast then we will start the day, but first Mr Devine told me to give you this envelope..." Alfonso gave Alison an envelope.

"And said inside would be our second destination. But he also said I could not look in the envelope so I am as clueless as your are at this moment" the man spoke with a smile that Alison could not see.