XXXV Part 3

//Dealing with the enemy//

Once every found out about the baby, they all flooded the couple wanting to offer their congratulations. But this time, Harold didn't leave Alison's side as they spoke to people, his fatherly instincts already kicking in.

>>>>>>>>>>>

An hour later and going around walking to people again, Alison were now eating. Luckily she was only in the very beginning of her pregnancy so the sickness wasn't bad and only occurred once a day, which meant that Alison could eat the amazing buffet without having to worry. She knew that tomorrow she would have to face the consequences but for now, she just wanted to eat. Whilst Alison was eating and talking, Harold took the opportunity to call his father, Ferro, Lorenzo, Antonio, Uncle Gino
and his cousin Vito into the house for a meeting.

When he walked into the lounge, the men were already waiting. It was Fico who saw him first walked towards him and hugged him.

"Ahh, Dante, Congratulazioni per il bambino. Sono così felice per te {Congratulations on the baby. I'm so happy for you}"

"Yes, congratulations. First day of the job and you've already produced an heir" Lorenzo said chuckling.

They 6 men chuckled by Harold stood still. When they saw the worry on his face and also grew worried.

"Dante? You are happy about this aren't you" Ferro asked.

"Yes"

"Well, it sure doesn't fucking look like it" Ferro threw out feeling mad by his brothers attitude.

"It's Ettore" he said looking at them, his face showing no emotion. Everyone's face hardened at that name.

"Cosa su di lui? {What about him?}"

"He's planning something big and is laying low until we're off guard"

At that, everyone stiffed. They were aware of the Ettore business and how he was after Alison and after meeting her, they already saw her as an important member of their family. They saw her as a daughter, sister, cousin, friend and most of all. As their Donna. So if she was being threatened, then they were going to protect her.

"Are you sure?" Antonio asked with a worried look on his face. Alison had become a good friend to him and even helped him to propose to his long time girlfriend Celia by arranging everything.

"Yes. Fina informed me"

"And you trust her word" Gino asked.

". She's never betrayed me before"

"Are you certain?" Vito asked, not knowing the girl but wanting to make sure that his cousin knew what he was doing.

"". Harold walked to the sofa and sat down, and ran his hands through his hair, messing it up.

"What if I can't protect them?" He muttered but they still heard him. "What if I'm not able to keep them safe and I lose both of them?"

Fico immediately sat next to his son and put an arm around his shoulder.

"Questo non accadrà {That won't happen}"

"Non lo sapete {You don't know that}" he said.

"No, non lo so. Ma quello che so è che faremo tutto il nostro potere per proteggerla e il tuo bambino non ancora nato {No, I don't. But what I do know is that we will do everything in our power to protect her and your unborn child}" Fico continued casuing agreement throughout the room.