XXXVIII

//Playing with fire//

13 weeks

Rosè walked down the hall of the familiar house towards his office. She had been coming here for some time now and like all the other times, she was escort by the same bald Mexican man who she still didn't know the name to.

As she walked, her mind went back to the conversation with her brother. It hurt her to hear that he was picking that gold digger over his own flesh and blood. It wasn't right. He'd know her for a little while only, how could he pick her so easily without thinking twice? This was thoughts in her mind and it motivated her as she ignored all her doubt as she wanted into the office of the deranged Ettore Davindo.

He was sitting on his chair with a cigarette in his hand and some cheap whiskey in the other and his hands with covered in blood but Rosè didn't think into it too much.

His curly hair fell in front of his eyes and his lips curled into a sick smile.

"Ahh, Rosè, it has been a while. You haven't contacted me in a long time. It was like you disappeared" he said as he crushed his cigarette.

"I'm sorry. I had some doubts about our plan but I'm back"

"Some doubts eh? No matter. I don't want to know.... So, anything interesting to report?"

"Yes.....Alison's pregnant"

"What?!"

"She's carry my brother's baby"

The room went silent as Ettore sat there. He didn't say anything as his for a wile before a loud manic laugh came out of his mouth. Rosè was taken back at how crazy he sounded and he stood up and went to her. Once he was in front of her, his laugh subsided but he still had an evil grin on his face.

"This" he said before taking Rosè face in his hands. "This is the best news you could have given me"

Rosè looked at him with fear and he started to laugh again.

"Don't worry. Soon we'll have what's we want. You'll have Alison out of your brothers life and I'll be able to get on over your brother... And I have the perfect plan"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

But the feeling of guilt never left Rosè as they started plotting.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

To be continued...