XXXVII

//Going in for the kill//

9 weeks

Unlike most Mafia bosses who would often send their underlings to do all the dirty work of killing people and getting me people to talk; Harold always did it himself. This was mostly because he enjoyed inflicting pain on those who would dare go against him. He liked seeing the light leave this bodies with fear struck of their faces. Basically, he was a psychopath. Through and through. Killing was his favorite hobby and he knew he'd still be doing it until to the day he goes to hell. And that was the one thing he didn't want Alison to know. He didn't want her to know that he was a monster so he made sure to hide her from it. However, his mother was against him hiding it from her. She was sure that Alison would still accept him but he couldn't take that risk. Her leaving him would be his undoing. She was the good in him.

So as Harold walked down the torcher chamber with Antiono and Lorenzo behind him, his mind went back to the phone call he'd gotten from Rico whilst he was in a meeting.

***

Harold glaring at the man in front of him. What Bruno Hadoff was asking was ridiculous. Hadoff was your typical American born and bred frat guy. He'd graduate with business dagree with average grades and was the son of one of his most hard working employer. His father, Andrew Hadoff begged Harold to give Bruno a trial period of 1 week  and since Andrew was someone who Harold considered a good and loyal worker, Harold granted him his wish. But with the 1 weeks Bruno worked, all he did was flirt, eat and text. He was almost always late and didn't do any work.

And now, he had the audacity to ask for a promotion. How ridiculous.

Harold put his hand up halting Bruno.

"Bruno. Within this trial you haven't done anything useful for this company. So why on Earth would I even give you a promotion?" He asked his an eyebrow raised as Bruno strunk back in his seat.

"Your useless to me Bruno. Your father, on the other hand, is great at his job. It's a shame you don't take after him because if you did you wouldn't be fired"

"No please Sir, I need this job, I'm expecting a kid and my dad's stopped paying by allowance because he says that I need to learn to look after myself"

"Well he's not wrong there. You do need to learn how to look after yourself. But your in luck. I happen to be in a awfully good mood today and so I'm offering your a different job"

"Anything! I'll take anything" Bruno said with wide eyes as he leaned forward.

"Your father earns a lot of money, and I know that he uses that money to spoil you rotten. I also know that you had a maid to clean up after you, even when you were in college. So because of that fact, you will be working for me at one of my hotels as a maid. You will clean the hotel rooms and such until I believe that you a hard worker"

Bruno's face dropped and his mouth opened in shock. Harold pulled a piece of paper from his pocket and put it in front of Bruno.

"I've taken the liberty of giving to a position in one  of my hotels here in Seattle. Hears the reference number for you to give the front desk when you get there. You start tomorrow, 7 sharp"

Bruno looked down at the paper confused and in shock.

Harold was about to dismiss him when his new assistant Monica came in running as best as she could in high heels. She stopped in front of Harold who was glaring at her.