XLI

//The showdown//

14 Weeks

Harold and Kingsley watched each other silence. They had yet to say a word from each other. Kingsley had come back home from work to find Harold Devine in his apartment, sitting on his chair waiting for him. In his hands was a blade with a smooth end that shone in the sun.

One of Harold's traits was the he was smart. Extremely smart. Through his life he always was the top of his class. But it's wasn't just his academic skill that made him smart. But it was his ability to plan ahead and guess the movements of his enemy.

Which was exactly how he knew that Kingsley would pull a stunt of some sort.

He had previously stationed guards around Calesta and Blaine's house as a precaution in case Ettore tried to get them. But after Alison told him that she would tell Kingsley about the pregnancy then he knew that the son of a bitch would attempt something. So when Kingsley left the note, Harold's guards took it before anyone elses could. When Harold read what the note contained, he flipped the glass table in his office causing it to shatter into pieces.

Enough was enough.

He allowed Kingsley off due to the fact that 1) he didn't want to upset Alison by killing him 2) he didn't blame him for wanting her 3) he couldn't be bothered to deal with his bullshit.

But for some reason he just didn't get the hint that Alison didn't want him and the stunt he tried to pull would have just stressed Alison out if her mother had read the letter.

And now he was going to sort it out once and for all.

It was Kingsley who spoke first after a long time for just waiting and wondering.

"What are you doing here?"

"Did you honestly think that I'd let you get away with it?" his voice full of darkness as he played with the blade.

"Away with what?"

"Attempting to ruin my life" Harold finally look up, a glare upon his eyes.

"How did you get in here?" He said his voice full of annoyance.

Harold smirked which only irritated Kingsley.

"It doesn't matter how I got in..."

Harold then suddenly stabbed the table causing Kingsley to jump. Harold pulled the blade out and started to play with it again.

"Why you think it's acceptable to cause Alison stress when she is pregnant?"

"What stress?"

"The fact that you told her to abort our child. And the fact that you attempted to sabotage our relationship"

Kingsley didn't say anything as he knew he needed to use his words wisely. He assumed that his planned worked and Alison's family had called the police on him,, but boy was he wrong.

"But your attempt to ruin us was futile as Alison's family never got that little note of yours"

"What?" Kingsley's eyes bulged out in shock and horror. Harold reached into his pocked and pulled out the note, stood up and put it on the table.

"I managed to intercept it before they could read it"

"How?"

"Again it doesn't matter about the how" Harold said as he put the note back into his pocket.

"Instead you should be wondering how you'll make it up to me and asking for my forgiveness" he said as he twirled the knife around his fingers

"Your forgiveness?" Kingsley asked confused and disgusted.