XLIII

//The plan//

17 Weeks

Rosè sat in her room as she waited for the phone call. She had to buy a cheap flip up phone in order to stay in contact with Ettore.

Their place was simple enough. Rosè would ask Alison to help her find a dress for a "date" and then they would go to the bathroom together where one of Ettore's workers would be waiting to take Alison and then Rosè would run and tell the guards that Alison was taken. But as simple as the plan sounded there were complications. First of all, Alison's guards were one of the best men in the Mafia so it would be incredibly hard to get rid of them and Rosè was worried that it wouldn't work. Ettore had told Rosè to go to the Northgate Mall and take Alison to the toilets at one the lowest floor which was a fire escape that they would use. It was a risky business but according to Ettore this was the best way to get Alison on her own.

Rosè only hoped that no one would find out about the part in this. She didn't want to do this but the anger  inside of her was fueling her to do so.

Although they never exactly talked about what Ettore would do to Alison and they baby when they succeeded, she hoped that nothing would happen to them and Ettore would only hold them hostage, long enough for Harold to give up he search.

Rosè jumped when she heard the phone and was quick to answer in fear that someone could walk in at anytime.

Phone call

Rosè: Hello?

Ettore: Rosè! Ciao bambina!

Rosè: So? When are we doing it?

Ettore: In 2 weeks time

Rosè: why are we waiting so long?

Ettore: Well we need Alison to trust you of course. As you said, you haven't given her the warmest if welcomes and if you suddenly become friendly, it would look suspicious

Rose paused when she heard that. She hadn't considered that fact and felt like a fool. Their plan would have crumbled.

Ettore: Judging by your silence I can only assume that you forgot about that detail

Rosè: What do I now? How do I get her to trust me?

Ettore: It's simple really. You mentioned that Alison is close to your family, correct?

Rosè: She is

Ettore: Speak to your older sister. Tell her the reason why you dislike Alison is because you feel threatened by her presence and want to keep Harold safe. Knowing Melina, she'll fall for it. Then suggest that you want to make amends and the rest will follow

Rosè: Are you sure that it will work?

Ettore: Positivo

Rosè: Well I-

End of phone call

Rude, Rosè thought before hiding the phone under her pillow. But Ettore was right. If she played her cards right, Melina would believe her more than anyone else. Rosè stood to find her sister but instead the door opened and Ferro walked in

"Haven't you heard of knocking?" She asked as she folded her arms.

"Don't give me attitude bambina {little girl} . " Ferro said as he closed the door.

Rosè signed and rolled her eyes.

"What do you want Ferro? Why are you here? Don't you have your own wife to annoy?"

"I'm here to talk to you"

"About?"

"Alison"

Rosè's blood ran cold. Her heart began to beat faster and her eyes went wide. Did he know?

"Nervous are we?" Ferro teased.

"No" she said but Ferro scoffed.

"Tu dovresti essere {You should be}... Do you know why mama, papa, Dante and the rest of us haven't been punishing you for your despicable attitude towards Alison?....
It's because she asked us to"

"What?"

". Alison asked us not to do anything because she didn't want to ruin the family but you seem to be doing a damn good job at it...."

Rosè didn't know what to say to that. She was torn. One side of her wanted to give Alison a chance, but the other side of her couldn't let go of the past.

"Why are you bringing it up if Alison said not to?" She asked.

"Yesterday I went to Dante's house to pick up some documents I left. As I was leaving, I saw Alison in the lounge and I went to speak to her. But then I realized that she was one the phone. I turned to leave but overheard Alison talking to the person on the other side about a dream she had... A dream about you"

"Me?"

"Yes. She said that in the dream, you had tried to hurt her and because if it, the family had disowned you and cut you from our lives"

Rosè felt her heart clench when she heard that. Family meant a lot them and to be kicked out of a family was the ultimate punishment.

"And she was devastated. She said that she didn't want our family to be broken then way her family was. She said she didn't want you to know how it feels to have no family to rely on. And then she spoke about leaving, saying that it might be the best thing for everyone. She said she felt that the dream was a sign for her to leave the man she loves. And whilst she spoke to the person on the phone, she was crying..."

Hearing this made Rosè feel even more guilty. She was so blinded by wanting revenge that she forgot how to be human.

"Maybe it was the hormones. Maybe it wasn't. But whatever it was, it isn't good for her or the baby. So from now on it stops. I don't want to know why you doing this. But from now on, your going to a angel around her. Your going to make her feel part of the family, because if you don't, well, you'll have Dante and I to answer for". And with that Ferro opened the door and left.

Within a second of Ferro's departure, Rosè flew to her bed and pulled out the secret phone and dialled Ettore's number, something she wasn't surposed to do.

Enough was enough.

No more revenge.

No more jealously.

No more hurt.

She needed to end the plan.

Before it was too late.

And so it begins. Secrets are to be revealed very soon....