XLI

//Playing the angel in disguise//

19 Weeks

It had been a day since Alison was taken and things we're not going well. His men had lost the van which held Alison, causing him to shoot 10 men out of anger. Harold had succeeded to destroy his home office, the main family room and the baby room in which they had started to decorate.

Without Alison, he felt lost and didn't know what to do. He had thought that by now Alison would be back in his arms but he was wrong. Although he had his men looking high and low, he felt like it wasn't enough. By now, Ettore could have done all sorts of things to Alison just for revenge and in the end, Harold blamed himself.

He blamed himself for not being more careful. He blamed himself for not killing Ettore when he had the chance. He blamed himself for her being taken. He blamed himself for Rosè getting hurt.

If he had just gone with Alison and Rosè, than it wouldn't have happened. He would have been able to protect them.

Earlier in the morning, Rosè had been realesed from the hospital and was now at home on bed rest after the doctor told her that her body needed time to recuperate itself. Physically and mentally.

As he waited for news of Alison from his men, he sat in his office at his main company building looking at the sonogram picture of his child. He praying, begged, wished that Alison and his child would be returned safe. As he continued to sit there, there was a knock on the door. His gaze fell to the door and he signed. He didn't want to speak to anyone unless they had information on where Alison was. And so he didn't say anything, in hopes that whoever was at the door would leave. However, he wish wasn't granted as there was another knock on the door and the door was open and reavealed Rosè standing there. He studied her timid body. Her head had a bandage wrapped around it as she figited at the door.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

He looked away from her but motioned for her to come in. Rosè entered quickly and closed the door behind her before walking tentatively towards her brother who's eyes were now on a photo of Alison at his birthday party. Rosè took a seat next to her brother on the sofa and took the picture of the sonogram off of his lap and looking at it. As she saw her future neice or nephew she began tear up. She was terrified that this small baby would be killed because of her own wrong doing. And she needed to make it right. Telling him about her part in Alison's kidnapping was something she should have done a long time ago. But it wasn't too late to make right of her wrongs. She needed to tell him. Today.

"You shouldn't be here. Your on bed rest" Harold said softly.

Rosè sniffled and looked at her brother. "I begged mama and Papa to see you"

Harold looked at her and saw the tears. "Why are you crying? It was my stupidity that lead to Alison being taken" he said coldly.

"Maybe, but it wasn't your fault" she said wiping a tear.

Harold turned away and scoffed. Rosè was being kind. It was all his fault.

"Trust me, it was"

"No it wasn't. It really wasn't. It was mine. And if I wasn't such a bitch then Alison wouldn't have been take" was all Rose said before more tears fell from her eyes as she shook. Harold looked at her in bewilderment not understanding why she would say that. As far as he was concerned, Rosè had tired to stop them but there were too many. It was his own fault for leaving them on their own.