Chapter 71

HAVENS POV
I looked at the clock and it was 6 o'clock.
I plugged in my phone and played music through the speakers.
"So where are we going" I asked.
"I can't tell you yet" he answered.
"It's getting late" I said yawning.
"Jack knows where we're going, don't worry" Sammy reassured me.
"Ok so I'll tell you a little at a time. First we're gonna exit off the highway right up here and go to the restaurant I found for dinner. Then a couple exits up from that we're going to part 2, a movie." He explained.
"Okay" I said happily.
As we were pulling off the exit, Sammys phone rang. I looked at it to see that it was Jack.
"It's Jack" I said handing it to him. He began talking to Jack but I sill couldn't tell what they were talking about,

Jack- So where are you guys?
Sammy- right now we're about 2 hours out at step 1. I'll call you before step 3.
Jack- okay have fun
Sammy- bye bro
Jack- bye

^^^
Is all I could make out. I couldn't tell where we were going until we pulled into the ihop parking lot. Sammy ran around the car and opened my door. I stepped out relieved that it wasn't some fancy restaurant I'd feel underdressed at. I knew why Sammy has chosen to come here, because we had eaten at IHOP when we had that date that wasn't a real date.
"So I can explain this first destination" Sammy said.
I smiled.
"You know that when you were with Hayes, we came to IHOP for breakfast and flirted the whole time but we weren't dating yet. Well then a couple days after, I was sitting in Matt and our's hotel room thinking about if I should tell you how I feel or not, when you ran in crying. So I stood up immediately to see what had happened, when you ran up to me and kissed me. Well that's when I knew for sure I had to tell you. So surely while Matt was taking a shower, I thought, this is the perfect time to tell her and hey if she doesn't feel the same, then at least I tried. But something amazing happened" he ended as the waitress lead us to our table.
"What was it" I asked.
"You. Felt the same." He responded smiling.
I laughed.
"Your a great storyteller" I said.
"Well it's a true story so I'm only remembering. And that's just the beginning of the story." He said.
"I can't wait for the rest" I responded.
The waitress brought us our food and soon enough we were ready to go. When we got back in the car Sammy spoke,
"Now phase 2, you get to choose this one actually, are you feeling "poltergeist" the scary one, "the longest ride" the sappy love one, "furious 7" the cool but also sad one, or "age of Adeline" the freaky but cool one?" He asked.
"Uh how about "furious 7", that looked good when I saw the trailer, and gilinsky said it was "amazing"" I explained.
"Yes! Furious 7 it is" he said as he drove to the theater. The theater was empty except for us and a couple women about 35 or 40 years old all together in a group sitting in the middle of the theater. Sammy and I sat at the very top of the theater under the projector light. About an hour into the movie, Sammy and I began kissing, which turned into making out. We pulled apart and silently laughed when 2 movie theater workers came and stood at the end of our row staring at us angrily. The end of the movie when they played "see you again" was the sad part. I did kind of tear up. When the movie ended Sammy and I walked out of the theater holding hands. It was raining as we ran to the car. We sat down in the car and buckled.
"Now step 3" he said.
"It's dark, how many steps are there?" I asked.
"Don't worry, and I can't tell you how many steps, plus I need to finish my story" he said happily.
"Ok" I responded.
"Jack said this was all okay?" I asked.
"Yes I cleared up everything and he's totally cool, don't worry" he said.
I nodded. I was actually having a really good time, just being with Sammy is enough, but when we're alone it's the best because we can just be us.
"Ok so the story, we left off when you said yes and we started dating, which coincidently was exactly 1 year ago, Just kidding you know that's not a coincidence. Well we started dating and were on our last tour stop when someone I very much hate with every part of me, showed up to the event and you beat her up. Good job by the way. After that tour stop we were away from Hayes, we were together in the same house and we were living with all of our friends, it was...perfect. Then my heart broke when.......when......." He was cut off by me.
"I know, can I tell this part then hand it back over to you?" I asked.
"If you want to" he answered.
"I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, you don't have to worry about talking about it. Talking about it with you makes me feel better. Well you were having dinner with me and everyone from the house at Taco Bell, when I told you I was gonna go to the bathroom. Then I was kidnapped and you went to the police looking for me. You got a call for her then a text, the text was a video she took of me, well a glimpse of what she was doing. You all tracked her down and the police arrested her while the paramedics put me in the ambulance and took you, me, Chandler, and Jack to the hospital." I finished.
"You can go now" I said.
"I realized how much I loved you and I needed a better way to tell you. So on your birthday, at your party I gave you cheap lame earrings as a cover. And under the earrings was a note that said to meet me outside late that night. So when you came, I gave you the real present, which was a promise ring" he said. I held up my hand. He smiled.
"Well then we went to a concert show and some crazy stuff went down...but we still made it. Then we became even closer because of it and went to our show with your brother and his best friend (who's also one of my best friends) Jack gilinsky. And you thought I had forgotten our 1 year anniversary. Little did you know, I had a whole step by step anniversary date planned out. So I dropped the jacks off at home and told you that I planned a date for our anniversary. And so I started telling you a story, our story (the one I'm telling right now). And we went to ihop and talked (which was awesome because it was like last time we went there), then we went to a movie which was also amazing. And oh my god can we talk about when we started making out and the movie theater workers came and stood on our row about to yell at us. It was still amazing though" he said. I began laughing nonstop. He laughed at my laughter.
"What?" He asked defensively while he laughed.
"It was still amazing though" I said laughing.
"What it was" he said threw laughter.
"I know it's just funny" I responded still laughing.
He just smiled while I kept laughing for another 10 seconds before talking.
"Now would be a good time for the playlist I put together, it's on my phone" he said smiling. I nodded and plugged his phone into the aux cord.
"Is it the one called 'anniversary'?" I asked.
"Yeah" he answered. I set it on repeat playlist.

ANNIVERSARY
1. No control
2. Disconnected
3. Don't say goodnight
4. Feel again
5. Shut up and dance
6. Groove
7. Ready to run
8. Strong
9. Stand up
10. Radio
11. Never be
12. Green light
13. Try hard
14. I should've kissed you
15. Fallin' for you