25: Maddox the Makeup Guru

Not much longer after their conversation, Riley ended up getting bored leaving Blythe to wait for Maddox who was taking an awfully long time. She played in her phone, flicked through different apps to make herself appear busy when people walked past, and even people watched before eventually deciding to call Maddox and see what was causing him to take his sweet time.

He missed the first call, only annoying Blythe more as she called him again. She was more than prepared to storm back to the classroom and drag him out by his ear, but luckily that didn't have to happen as he finally answered the call.

'What are you doing?' Blythe asked as soon as Maddox picked up.

'What do you mean?'

'What do you mean, 'what do you mean'? I'm waiting and it's cold.' Blythe stated as if it was the obvious, which to her it was.

'yeah- shit, sorry! I'll be down in a bit. I just had to- uhm- clear my head?' Maddox sounded to be a bit out of breath making Blythe confused at what he actually was doing.

'Are you okay?' Blythe asked out of confusion.

'Oh, I'm fantastic. As a matter of fact, keep talking.' The jaw had in fact dropped.

'Yeah- nah.' Blythe hung up the phone and shook her head as she took a seat on the concrete, figuring this was going to take more than a little while for Maddox to come down.

It was only a couple minutes later when Maddox showed himself. "Finished?"

Maddox smirked to himself. "Yeah, I did. Now, where are we off to."

A blush tainted Blythe's cheeks as she looked away from Maddox's smirk. "I thought you were supposed to be deciding." She mumbled as she began following Maddox to his car.

"I know, I'm just messing with you. It's cute the way you like to act all tough on the phone and when people are around but then you get all shy when it's just the two of us."

"Stop!" Blythe whined as she reached the car and got in before Maddox could say anything else.

"Was I incorrect?" Maddox asked as he started the car after getting in.

Once the car had started moving, Maddox had landed his hand on Blythe's thigh causing her to play with his hand due to being anxious. There wasn't any particular reason to her anxiety, she was just nervous being around Maddox alone especially after the earlier insinuations.

Blythe was looking intently at Maddox's hand as she noticed some of the tattoos on them and even more peaking out. "How many tattoos do you have?" She asked while tracing the ones exposed.

Maddox hummed but didn't take his eyes off the road. "Can't say I've ever sat down and counted. One day I'll let you count them all." He glanced over with a smile on his face, happy to find Blythe admiring the art he had embedded into his skin.

There was silence between the two as Maddox drove to where he had planned to take Blythe out for dinner. This left Blythe to think deeply once more, but this time it was about the relationship. She wasn't used to being in a relationship as she had never properly been in one that lasted more than a couple of days and even then she never felt as strongly for them as she did for the three guys she'd manage to find a connection with in a week of knowing them. She was overwhelmed, to say the least, but she was happy to have people that understood her and her life.

"So, are you gonna tell me where we're going?" Blythe spoke up to interrupt her racing thoughts.

Maddox shook his head. "No, actually. I'm not."

"Seriously? Don't you think it'll be weird, wherever we go, that you're wearing a suite and I'm in casual clothes?" Blythe gestured at the two very different clothing styles that they were wearing.

But nevertheless, Maddox always had a witty comeback. "I think you look beautiful." He responded making a faint blush appear on Blythe's cheeks.

"Okay. But what if I'm not the problem here?"

His side eye didn't go unnoticed by Blythe who contained her laughter. "Be quiet. Your distracting me."

-

10 minutes later and the couple arrived at a very fancy, expensive restaurant making Blythe feel extremely underprepared. How jaw dropped as she noticed where they were at. "Why didn't you take me home first so I could get changed?" She exclaimed as she watched another couple walk in, the both of them were beyond rich, by the look of what they were wearing, Blythe felt almost embarrassed to potentially be seen by them.

"I figured you wouldn't be happy. So..." Maddox reached into the back and pulled out a bag. "I bought a dress for you to wear and some of your makeup. I don't know what I grabbed, I just shoved it in."

The dress Maddox bought wasn't anything too extravagant but it was certainly better then her sweat pants and T-shirt. Now, the makeup was all over the place. He brought with him a pink lipstick, that Blythe was certain she had never worn because of how hideous the shade looked on her, mascara, bronzer, two different lash glue bottles, setting spray, an eye shadow pallet that didn't coordinate with anything that he grabbed, a couple of brushes and some brow gel. But hey, it's the thought that counts. "Your not really a makeup guru, are you?" Nevertheless she applied the mascara since you can't go wrong with that and just scrapped the rest. "How do I get changed?"

"Well, first you take your clothes off-" Maddox didn't continue what he was saying as he saw the look on Blythe's face. "Hop in the back?" He suggested.

"Fine, but don't look." Blythe said as she crawled to the back of the car only to find Maddox already looking back at her. "Maddox!"

"I won't look." He said as he looked away.

"Promise?"

"I promise I won't look without your permission."

(AN: I'm Maddox when it comes to makeup

(AN: I'm Maddox when it comes to makeup. I need help.)