26: Radley Is In Fact Charging Him More

Maddox kept to his word of not peeking at Blythe as she got changed but instead looked around for anyone else that tried to invade her privacy and then the two finally got out of the car and headed into the restaurant.

Maddox had his hand placed on Blythe's waist as he guided her through the familiar building that was owned by the one and only Radley Knight.

The reservation had already been booked prior and there was no need to check in as they already knew who he was, so he lead Blythe all the way to the top where a beautiful rooftop date was awaiting for them.

Blythe was in awe as she walked through the building that screamed expensive, every light was a chandelier and even the cutlery made you feel poor, she definitely felt out of place, but what really took her breath away was when she brought up to the roof where the starry night sky was. "Wow!" She admired the view. "Now, this is what they meant when they said money buys happiness." She smiled up at Maddox who only smiled back at her.

"Come on, let's order food first and then you gawk at everything."

The gentleman that Maddox was, he placed a hand on her back as he guided her to her seat and then pulled the chair out before sitting in his own. "I'm going to assume that you enjoy this then."

"You'd be stupid not to. Imagine spending all your money coming to a place and not enjoying it." She replied as she opened up the menu and she almost fainted at the price. "Oh!" Was all she could say.

"Don't you make a lot of money, why are you so surprised by all of this?" Maddox asked as he didn't bother looking at the menu, already knowing what he was going to get.

"Yeah, but why spend it all on food I can get significantly cheaper and will probably end up tasting better if I get it from a fast food restaurant?"

"Fair enough but the good thing is, this won't cost anything for you because Radley owns the place, me on the other hand. I'll be crying once I see the bill. I think he actually charges me more." Maddox drummed his fingers on the table as he stared off into the distance.

"I can imagine he'd do that." Blythe mumbled as she stared at Maddox's face, his features truly were perfect and his side profile was even better. Everything about the man in front of her was the definition of perfection. The way his nose curved slightly and his lips pouted seemed to match with his solid jaw line. "Hey-" Blythe got Maddox's attention as she placed a hand on top of his own. "Thanks for bringing me here." She said, her voice softening as she begun to feel shy under his gaze.

"You could always thank me by giving me that kiss from earlier." He smirked, but nothing could be exchanged as a waiter had interrupted them.

After the waiter had left, Maddox started telling Blythe about stories from when him and the boys were young. "And then Ashton fell right on his face. It was funny, for me at least, he was pissed and tried and to punch me." Maddox had just finished explaining about the time he had tripped Ashton over in their sport class when they were kids. "Radley was a teachers pet. Anytime the teacher needed help he was right there. I'm surprised I even became his friend if I'm being honest. He was a fuckin' embarrassment."

"That's actually so cute. I wouldn't have expected that from him." Blythe cooed as she imagine a little Radley being all sweet and helpful for the teachers.

"What about you? What were you like when you were young?" He asked as the food was placed down in front of them.

"I don't really remember much from when I was young young, but I guess I was kind of the same as what I am now. Funny, sarcastic, perfect, crushing on all my teachers. I'd say nothing changed." Blythe attempted to joke and change the subject about her childhood.

"Aren't we special?" He replied sarcastically.

They both dug into their meals enjoying the high quality food. It wasn't much longer before they were finishing their food and the date was coming to an end. "Scale of 1-10 how much better was this date compared to Ashton's?"

"That's not fair. We didn't even have a proper date." Blythe said as she admired the view one last time before she followed Maddox back down through the building. "But I would rate this date a solid 9.5." She continued.

"9.5, why not just a 10?" He asked as he held his hand out for Blythe to grab as she came down the steps.

"You still have to take me home. The dates not over yet." She smirked as she walked ahead, leaving Maddox inside to pay the bill.

Blythe pulled out a cigarette as she leaned against Maddox's car and waited for him to return and as she lit the cancerous stick she noticed someone looking at her. Her eyes narrowed in on the guy standing in an alleyway watching her. His face was hidden in the shadows but somehow, to Blythe at least, it was still obvious that he was staring directly at her. Blythe waved the smoke from the cigarette in his direction choosing to pay no mind to the strange man just as Maddox was walking out.

"Radley is getting a beating when we get home. I'm certain he charges me more than the average customer now, it's almost double the price compared to last time." He complained as he approached Blythe. "And get that out of your mouth." Maddox snatched the cigarette from between Blythe's lips and stomped it out on the ground. "The only thing that should be between those lips is-"

"8.5." Blythe cut him off from his inappropriate comment, but that of course didn't stop Maddox.

"Yeah it is, how did you know?"

(😩)