44: The Wheelchair

"You have the option of using a wheelchair if you find it too difficult to walk on your own." The doctor was getting Blythe's files ready so that she could be released from the hospital after spending more than a night in their like they expected.

"Yes please." Blythe said as soon as her feet hit the floor.

"I'll get someone to bring you one, and you have a partner, or guardian to release you? We need someone to sign the papers to make sure you're being looked after with care, is all."

"Yeah... boyfriend." She said with a silent s at the end. They hadn't visited her at all the rest of the time she was in hospital, but Riley had kept her company and informed her that they would be taking her home which she was more than delighted to hear, because at the moment, they were all she wanted to see.

"Good. If you have any concerns while you're at home don't be afraid to see a doctor or come back here. We're here to help not scared you away. There's a list of the pain killers you can get from a local pharmacy as well as a cream to apply to help heal the wounds, and last but not least and certainly important, an explanation on how to clean the wounds because that is very necessary. You don't want it to get infected, trust me, it's not good. That is all. I'll hand the paperwork's to the front desk and someone will come and get you for when you can leave." Her doctor explained before exiting the room and returned later with a wheelchair before leaving once more for good.

"I can't wait to push you around in this." Riley exclaimed as he sat down in the chair and wheeled himself around.

"You are not coming near me while I'm in this." Blythe responded.

"Why not?" He pouted.

"Because you'll probably try to push me off a cliff for fun." She replied sarcastically.

Riley laughed but shook his head. "No. I'd wait until you were healed first because that's just rude."

Blythe hummed.

-

It took a couple of hours, but the lady form the front desk came to collect Blythe and with the help of Riley she got into her wheelchair to go home.

Blythe looked around at the walls, feeling awkward having Riley push her around when she realistically could have walked.

Shortly after they made it to the front desk where Radley was waiting. His appearance was the first thing that Blythe took in. He had bags under his eyes, his shoulders were slumped and he wasn't wearing his usual suit. He appeared to be tired the way he was slumped against the wall with his head down. "You're free to go home now." The front desk lady announced as Blythe and Riley approached Radley.

He lifted his head and his eyes snapped down towards Blythe's direction. He walked over to the wheel chair and crouched down in front of Blythe. "Hi." Blythe whispered shyly.

Radley grabbed both of Blythe's hands and kissed the back of them. "Missed you." He mumbled as he placed her hands against his cheeks so she was cupping his face.

"I missed you guys too." She smiled as she caressed her thumb against his cheek.

"Come on, their waiting for you outside." He held onto one of her hands as he walked beside the wheelchair with Riley still pushing them.

While Blythe and Radley weren't paying attention to him, Riley took his phone out with one hand and snapped a picture of the cute moment that he would forever tease Blythe about. "I can't wait to be back home, with real food and fun people to be around."

"Hey! I was nice enough to keep you company when I should have been resting." Riley exclaimed.

"You we're resting the entire time, as a matter of fact. I think you slept more than I did." Blythe responded as she turned her head to look at him.

"That's because it's exhausting having to take care of you. You should be glad you have three men to do the job." Radley glared at Riley who was obviously unbothered by his stone cold stare. "Just a joke, chill big guy."

"Stop it." Blythe glared at Riley who only put one of his hands up as surrender.

Blythe and Riley continued to have small talk with a bit of banter mixed in between as they made their way down to the bottom floor of the hospital, where outside the front door the other two were waiting.

Maddox was the first to rush over out of the two, and when he did, the first thing he did was plant a much needed kiss on her lips. Blythe matched his passionate energy as she leaned forward in the wheelchair to be closer to the man. "Okay, how about we calm down before this escalates." Riley spoke up as he attempted to split the two apart.

Maddox pulled away but was immediately pushed to the side as Ashton moved him out of the way.

Ashton knelt down on the ground and laid his forehead on Blythe's knees. His hand reached out for hers in any sort of comfort, at this point he didn't care, all he needed was Blythe's touch. "Missed you, Ash." Blythe mumbled as she turned his head to have him facing her and kissed his forehead. "And you too." Blythe said as she noticed out of the corner of her eye, Maddox frowning.

"We missed you too, Blythe." Maddox smiled in return.

(This took me an unbelievably long time to write

(This took me an unbelievably long time to write. I hate it.)