24: Innocent Thoughts

Blythe decided that she wouldn't show up to English to avoid seeing Radley for the day but she instead went to her last class of the day which was Mathematics with her favorite teacher.

Maddox was correcting work when Blythe showed up a couple of minutes early but he stopped as soon as he noticed her. "Blythe, you had us worried for a second there." Maddox stood up and walked over to Blythe who was now at her desk.

As she placed her things down, Maddox brought her in for a hug. "I'm gonna have a head of grey hair if you keep stressing us out like that." The embrace was warm and comforting, just what Blythe needed at this very moment. "We thought you just went back to your room and then when we went to look for you, you were gone."

Blythe awkwardly pulled away from Maddox's embrace as she sat back in her seat. "Uh- yeah. Sorry about that. I just needed some space. This whole moving in with my boyfriends, which I'm still struggling wrap my head around, is all a little overwhelming. Plus there's work as well. So I'm a little all over the place and Radley just kind of..." she trailed off to find the right word.

"Tipped you over the edge? Yeah, Radley's good at doing that. I'd argue that he's a professional." Maddox wanted to cuss Radley out more than he already had today. "I'm sorry about him, if you'd like we can all get together and discuss what needs to be said. But as for tonight, how about I take you out to make up for this morning."

Blythe pretended to think but looked away as she couldn't hide the smile that grew on her face. She let out a sigh. "Well, if I have to." She said teasingly.

Maddox chuckled lightly as he leaned down to Blythe. "Yeah, you do have to." He mumbled as he stared down at Blythe's lips.

His head inched closer and closer to Blythe's as she copied his actions. It was about time they had another kiss.

But before their lips could connect, the bell had rung interrupting their private moment. "You owe me a kiss after our date tonight." Maddox said as he was walking back to the front of the room to appear normal.

"Just a kiss?" Blythe said before one of the other students walked in, but she didn't miss the smirk that Maddox sent her as he greeted the other individuals that were entering.

Blythe stared off out the window as the class planned. 'Now, to plan a murder.' She thought as she peered into the distance. The setting that it would take place in was a club, at least that was where Blythe would officially meet the victim. He was going out for his final day of freedom from what she had read so that would be the day that she strikes.

She had so far planned that everything would go along similar lines as the Jake Brown mission. She would let the older man think that he's seducing her when I'm reality he wasn't going to be alive much longer.

From Maddox's perspective, Blythe was just innocently spacing out and just not paying attention to what he was saying which disappointed him a little because he'd wish that she'd pay attention just for him but he could understand that Mathematics wasn't her favorite.

Class took longer than what Maddox wanted it to go, not because there was more time it was just because his mind was constantly on Blythe in the back of the room. He wanted to know what was going on in her head for her to be this distracted. As a matter of fact, she hadn't even realized the bell had rung that was how zoned out she was.

"Having fun in that pretty head of yours?" Maddox asked as he crouched down besides Blythe's table. He placed his hand on top of her own and held it.

"Oh- class is over already?" Blythe asked as she looked around the empty room. The whiteboard at the front that was previously empty now had formulas written all over them.

"Fortunately it is. Although I must say it's a little disappointing not having you pay attention but for the sake of my career and your schooling it's probably best that you don't ogle at me." He said as he placed a kiss on the back of Blythe's hand.

"I thought you didn't care about your career." She responded in a teasing tone.

"Believe me when I say I don't. I tried to put it in a better way rather than saying I'd save your dignity from being ruined because I had you bent over in front of a class full of people." There was no hesitation in his tone as he casually said his explicit thoughts. "You've been driving me nuts with what you said earlier, so how about you pack your things and wait for me in the parking lot before this does escalate."

Blythe was beyond shock at what Maddox was saying. His usual goofiness was long gone and his eyes appeared significantly more intimidating than ever before. It was safe to say that Blythe was turned on.

But nevertheless, she grabbed everything she had and left Maddox with a kiss on his cheeks before escaping the hot room and letting out a much needed breath of relief.

"Okay, this time you had to be getting it on with the teacher." Riley appeared out of nowhere, startling Blythe who was already on edge. "Your face is giving it away."

"Shut up, my face tells you nothing. Your face on the other hand tells me that I should hit you." Blythe knocked her shoulder into Riley's as she walked past him, only to have him follow her down.

"Your kind of mean, you know. You should be glad that I know I'm perfect." Riley flicked his imaginary hair to the side as he walked side by side with Blythe. "Any progress on the, totally not illegal job." Riley whispered the last part to Blythe as he leaned in closer.

"Yeah, I think I know what we're going to do."

"Perfect. I'll see you later then and we can organize." Riley suggested.

"Can't. I'm busy tonight." Blythe stopped at the front of the parking lot and perched herself up against the brick wall.

"Really? I find that hard to believe." Riley laughed rather loudly. "What am I supposed to do tonight then?"

"How about make some friends?" Blythe smiled sarcastically at the guy she refused to admit had grown close to her heart.

"Why would I do that when I have you?"

"How adorable." She grimaced. "But seriously, I have a date." She smiled with pride at her, yet to be admitted, friend.

"No fair." He pouted. "I wanna date with three hotties. Do they have another one?"

"Don't think so, but if they do I'll hook you up."

"And that, my friend, is why you're the best."

(I really be ruining my sleep schedule all because I write better when it's the middle of the night and I get no distractions

(I really be ruining my sleep schedule all because I write better when it's the middle of the night and I get no distractions. I just wrote 3 chapters it's 2:30am an I have to wake up 7am)