14. Study Date Gone Wrong

After speaking with Maddox when I returned home, to inform him that I had made it back safely, we had discussed another tutoring lesson, to which I was currently on the way to

We had agreed to meet up at this small little cafe on the outskirts of town, and this time I was actually kind of excited to meet up with him. I had spent all night thinking about yesterday's events, and even managed to embarrass myself even more at the way I had reacted, and I found myself in a rabbit hole of feelings, feelings I shouldn't have towards three people, let alone my teachers.

I happily made my way into the cafe and as I looked around for Maddox, I noticed that he was accompanied by his two close friends. What were they doing here?

I approached the table causing their attention to go straight to me. I smiled at all of them before taking a seat next to Maddox. "I hope you don't mind that I invited the other two, Radley figured he could have a session with you to catch you up on everything, and Ashton-" He paused and smirked at his friend across the table. "Ashton's just a little obsessed." He leaned down to whisper in my ear.

I lightly chuckled at his words, but I could also feel the blush that began to make its way on my cheeks. "It's fine. The more the merrier." I recited the common saying.

"Now that is very true." Maddox muttered to himself. I cocked an eyebrow in his direction, questioning what he meant by that.

I didn't receive an answer as the waitress had arrived at our table with a notebook in hand. "What can I get you boys today." Her smile alone was enough to prove how desperate she was for these boys. I couldn't blame her. "Oh- and girl." She smiled, not so nicely, in my direction.

"I'll just get a water." I mumbled. I never really liked eating around people. Where's the fun in taking your time to eat the food in order to look pretty while doing it when I can just pig out when I'm on my own, making a mess?"

"You don't want anything else?" Maddox placed his hand on my shoulder. I felt my heart stop for a second at his touch but kept my calm composure.

"I ate before I came here." I replied.

"In that case, we'll just get a thing a fries to share around and make that four waters altogether." Maddox ordered. He didn't bother looking at the other two boys for their answers and instead kept his eyes on the menu that he held in his hands.

"Is that all?" The woman spoke in a suggestive tone.

"Yes, that's all we want." He said, his voice laced with annoyance. The waitress walked away as she attempted to sway her hips side to side, making her look all the more hilarious. I snickered her ways of seduction.

"And I thought the girls at school were desperate." I mumbled, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

"Are you amongst these desperate girls?" I looked up at Maddox. "Because if not, we don't care." He said, looking directly into my eyes.