CHAPTER 54: Escaping Woodbury

MERLE'S POV:

I had come running into the room, but I was too late. I had heard her screams. As pissed as I was for what happened in Atlanta, Y/n was like a little sister to me. I never wanted nothing bad to happen to her. When I saw her naked body it took everything in me not to kill the Governor right then and there. I was sick to my stomach because of it. Y/n had beared my niece, from the sounds of it she was gonna be having another and it was with my baby brother. I had seen some despicable things in my time here in Woodbury, but nothing like this. Her legs were covered with blood and guilt consumed me.

After we had reunited the others and left them in the cell room. The Governor called me up to his room. He had laid out a map over his kitchen table and began speaking to me.

    "The prison's the perfect place to hole up." The Governor relayed to me. "What once kept prisoners in now keeps biter's out. And that's smart."

    "You thinking of taken it over, moving Woodbury there?" I asked curiously.

    "People love it here because it feels like what was. Move 'em to damp cells surrounded by barbed wire?" He scoffed and I looked down. "No. We gotta take out the group that's living there. Let the biter's move back in. No one'll be the wiser."

I listened to what he was saying and I shook my head. I had mentioned Daryl being my brother, I told him Y/n was a childhood friend of ours. I had a soft spot for her and for Charlotte. Charlotte was blood and I wasn't going to let anything bad happen to her, or my baby brother. It's why I didn't mention her to him.

    "Problem is my brother's with them." I said as I looked at the Governor.

    "Well, you'll talk to him. Make him our inside man. He'll get us in there. We'll wave the white flag like we did with the National Guard."

    "Nothing happens to Daryl." I stated.

    "Of course not." He agreed.

    "What about Y/n, Glenn, and the girl?" I asked cautiously.

    "Well, the longer they're here, the more the chance Andrea will find out." He pointed out. "Y/n was a good lay, but I've got no where to put her. So why don't you take 'em all down to the screamer pits."

The Governor walked away and I clenched my fist and took a deep breath.

~~~~~~~~~~

DARYL'S POV:

    "This is where you were held?" Rick asked.

We had entered the place she called Woodbury. Sneaking past the guards and sliding in through some of their defenseless fences. The room was dark and not a single person was inside.

    "I was questioned." Michonne reminded him.

    "Any idea where else they could be?"

I moved forward and looked behind a curtain. The street was all lit up and people walked around outside. I turned and glared the her.

    "I thought you said there was a curfew." I scoffed.

    "The street is packed during the day. Those are stragglers." Michonne shot back.

    "If anyone comes in here, we're sitting ducks. We gotta move." Rick whispered as he looked out another window.

    "They could be in his apartment." Michonne suggested and we all looked at her.

    "Yea? What if they ain't?" I growled.

    "Then we'll look somewhere else." Michonne growled back.