CHAPTER 15: Drunken Encounters

TW: SEXUAL VIOLENCE ATTEMPT
SMUT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER

We had went back to Daryl's room and we each shared a couple glasses of whisky. It was getting even later and I worried about Charlotte.

    "I'm gonna go make sure, Charlie got to bed, okay." I slurred slightly. "Oh, by the way. Can I sleep in here?"

    "Why'd you wanna do that?" Daryl raised a brow.

His cheeks were pink so I knew he was drunk too. But he didn't slur a single word.

    "Uh, Shane's a giant douche. That's why. Dad's room's booked. Where else am I supposed to go?" I scoffed.

    "Hey, don't give me attitude." He chuckled. "I didn't say you couldn't. Only wanted to know why. That's why enough for me." He shrugged.

~~~~~~~~~~
TW: SEXUAL VIOLENCE ATTEMPT

I nodded and walked out the door and down the hallway. I'm sure they were probably still in the rec room, so that's where I wobbled off too. I heard faint voices so I continued forward.

    "I'm gonna tell ya a few things and you're gonna listen to me." Shane's faint voice become louder the closer I got.

    "Now, is not the time." A woman's voice said that I immediately recognized as Lori's.

    "Come on. When is it ever the time?" Shane insisted with a small chuckle. Lori didn't respond. "How can you treat me like this?"

    "You're kidding, right?" Lori scoffed.

I stopped by the door way to listen in some more, sobering up slightly.

    "No. Uh-uh."

    "My best friend hates me because you told her I pursued you." She scoffed. "It was the other way round, Shane and you know it. You told me my husband had just died." Lori attempted to leave the room and I hid behind the wall hoping they weren't going to come out this way.

    "Jesus, Lori." Shane groaned. "I didn't lie to you. All right? I didn't. Do you know what it was like there? Stop. Things were falling apart. They were slaughtering people in the hallways. It was a massacre. There were walkers everywhere."

    "So you left him." Lori pointed out.

    "Every body else ran. There were no doctors there. It was just me. He was hooked up to machines and I did not know what to do, okay? I even took my ear and I put it on his chest and I listened for a heartbeat and I did not hear one. And I-I-I-I don't know why." Shane's voice cracked as he explained. "Maybe it was gunfire. I don't know what is was, but there was no way he could've survived that. No way." He slammed his fist into the wall making me jump.
    "He did." Lori scoffed.
    "Yeah, but then I had ya'll to think about, didn't I? I had Charlotte and Carl. Y/n fell out of love with me the moment she laid eyes on that stupid redneck hick. So I relied on you, okay? I had you to think about."

    "Okay. No. No." Lori said as I heard a bump in the room.

    "I had to get you guys safe. That's what I had to do."

    "Just stop."

    "If you thought for one second that he was still alive, would you have come?" Shane asked her desperately. "So I saved your life. You and your little boys. That's what I did. Right? And if I could have traded places with him, I would have. I would trade places with him right now because, no, no, no. You let me. My own wife wouldn't let me. I love you."