chapter 2

"Earth lay before me pure and untouched, a virgin to any sort of cruelty or harm. But I am not here to admire its innocence. No, I am here to ravish it, to take its virginity with a forceful hand.

Ava trails her fingers in a circular motion upon my chest, her head resting upon the same surface. I feel a shiver run through me at her touch, my desire rising with each seductive turn.

"I never apologized," she murmurs, her voice barely audible. I wish she had kept her words to herself, for I had heard enough of her voice when she begged me for more. "If that man had not attacked me, you wouldn't have had to bear the weight of murder on your conscience."

I remain transfixed on the TV screen before us.

"I won't say you didn't push me... but I won't say you hadn't, it was his- my choice to kill him" I gritted my teeth, the memory of that night still fresh in my mind.

"Do you feel bad?" Her head tilted up, her gaze meeting mine. My hand trailed down her back, sweat clinging to her skin. In a sudden movement, I grabbed her ass, feeling the soft flesh curve under my fingers.

"What do you think, love?" I smirked, trying to hide the dark thoughts that consumed me. "Killing gives me a damn erection." Horror flickered in her narrowed eyes, fueling my twisted desires.

"You get an erection from murdering people?" She gaped at me, shock etched in every feature of her face.

"I thought killing that man was a mistake," she whispered, her voice trembling with fear.

"There's no such thing as a mistake when it comes to murdering someone," I whispered, my hand savoring the curves of her waist. "There's only the guilt that makes you believe it was one."

"So..." She lowered her voice, a hint of uncertainty in her tone. "You killed him on purpose?" Her finger traced small circles on the bedsheet, her body frozen like a statue, waiting for my response

"Of course, I did," I replied sharply as I sat up and leaned my back against the headboard of the bed. I could feel her body shifting away from me as I moved. "Do you honestly believe I beat him to death just because?"

"Y-Yes- well, I did!" She stuttered, frantically wrapping the sheets around her trembling body, as if trying to hide from me. But I knew every inch of her skin, every mole, every curve - like the back of my own hand. And yet, she seemed like a stranger to me.

"If I didn't murder him for good then, he'll keep coming back and keep hurting us, that's why I did it." I spoke the truth, and it surprised even me. William had killed him because he was hurting his girlfriend. And even though I didn't have any feelings for her, a part of William was still inside me, allowing me to care for her and keep her close.

My hands suddenly reached out and cuffed hers, which were still shaking. "Darling, please believe me... I'll do anything to protect you." As I looked into her round, rosy lips and William's friendly green eyes, I knew she would believe anything I said.

Her eyes mirrored mine as they rocked back and forth in uncertainty, and she sucked in another deep breath before finally nodding.

"Okay," she breathed softly.

"Okay," I nodded as I glanced around the messy sheets and the darkening room. The moon was still visible from the window, but the birds were singing loudly. And at that moment, I wanted it all. I wanted to destroy it all.

As I gazed up at the moon, its pale white glow illuminating the dark sky, a sudden urge rose within me like a raging inferno. "I want to annihilate it," I whispered to myself, my voice barely audible over the beating of my heart.