chapter 49

Jason pov       

I must admit not having that girl- damn it I forgot her name- The one with the golden eyes, Well her, this car ride has been more boring...Now, I can only dream about having sex with her.
I don't know why I'm thinking about that right now of all times...The address to the next key, It's here...in this...plain field...a meadow.
but something is off about it...

"Jason, do you reckon the key is somewhere in this field of grass? Martin asks, adjusting that damn hat...I keep looking around, there's a building behind us, not very tall...but they are there.

"I need a phone" Hovering my hand over my eyes, blocking out the sun, although it looks small from here, that bitch burns...He hands me a phone, and I type in the address we were at.

"Jason, what the fuck are you doing man?" He came closer, looking at the screen, according to Google, this place used to be a bomb field, I bet there are some hidden bombs in this meadow or some shit.

"I'm calling Riley" typing in her number but he yanks the phone breaking it.

"You aren't calling her. We can do this our damn selves."I watch as he  naively steps into the meadow, no bomb activated...I follow behind him, carefully copying his footing...After a while of walking...
The long grass became shorter, drier, rare...The grass, once lush and green, has turned into a muddy graveyard, with the occasional skeleton serving as a stark reminder of the fragility of life
I pinch my nose...The smell, Oh shit- I'm getting nauseous.    

"Put your hands up!" We quickly turn around, seeing the whole fucking- How the hell did the military follow us without us knowing?
Doesn't matter. they have guns, A shit tons of them...

"Martin use one of these corpses to shield you from the bullets"I warn, I quickly crouch down taking a corpse and putting it over my back, I saw Martin doing the same.

"If you don't put your hands up we will shoot" The warn again...I can hear the trucks, squishing the dead bodies as they get closer.

"Martin, do as I say" I turn my head to look at the lifeless body on my back, and with a swift motion, I pull out one of his teeth and threw it ahead of me. Suddenly, a deafening explosion rocked the ground beneath us. The bomb had gone off, and I knew that we had to move quickly if we wanted to survive.

We ran, our backs weighed down by the corpses we carried, each one packed with bullets. When one was full, we picked up another, using it as a shield against the hail of gunfire. We used anything we could find to trigger the bombs ahead of us, my fingers digging through the maggots' food, throwing it ahead of me as I dodged bullets. Dirt filled my vision, stinging my eyes, but my body was used to it by now. 

explosions happening left and right. Blood was spilling on me from every direction, and one wrong move could cost me my life, as well as the lives of my friends Riley and William
I have to get back to them...
We were all gathered outside, sitting at an old table filled with food, surrounded by peace. Riley sat next to me, enjoying the meal, while William and I playfully fought over the last steak. Ava tried to hold back her laughter as we bickered. The atmosphere was serene, and the food was abundant, making it a perfect moment to cherish. The table was filled with delicious food, and the peace we felt was palpable.
Peace found us
I found peace with terrorists...

As I trip, my head turns back to see the face of the corpse that was clinging to me. I see its flesh rip out from its socket, revealing a brownish-black skull with worms and other animals crawling from the hollow eye sockets. I quickly throw the corpse off me and continue running. However, I realize that there are still bombs ahead, and I don't have anything to trigger them. I glance at Martin, who is looking at me, and I know that we need to find a solution fast.