chapter 51

Matt and a masked man sat down at our table, the guy he old, I can tell by his shiny fingers and his slow pace
"Do you have any special game requests?" One butler asks...I glance at Matt.

"Well?" I question

"Pick whatever you like"He insists, I glance back at the butler.

"Old maid," I spoke, he nods his head a bit, and Ava and I exchange looks, I'm sure we will win.

"Old maid?" Ava, whispers, " I-i don't know how to play that game..." She was the one who recommended it- I don't understand what she's planning

"It's simple. The goal of the game is to get rid of all the cards in your hand and avoid being left with the Old Maid card" I spoke, simultaneously with the butler, Shuffle the deck of cards. then he deals the cards to us.

"Enjoy your game" Spoke the butler...

"I'm a bit nervous...I don't want us to lose" Ava whimpers.

"Ava-" I was cut off by the old man, who held her hand, chilling her nerves...My eye twitches at the sight...How dare his skin, touch her...I'll take these cards and use them to skin him down to the bone!

" Why is it you don't want to lose if winning isn't your end goal?" The old man whispers, Or well that's all his voice box could allow him to produce.

"I-..." Ava stares at me, then back at him

"Let me tell you, what you desire...you want your old life back, normalcy" I couldn't care about the words he was saying...He's still holding her hand...Breathe- It's fine, He'll die. not by natural causes of course. Before Ava could speak, the butler placed down this black thing- well, he gave it to everyone, I took mine, looking at it.
William smith.
The total amount of money owned: 989.7 billion dollars

"Guess mine" Matt teases.

"Over a trillion?"

"over" He grins...flipping around the nameplate
Matt Cryer
The total amount of money: 389 Quadrillion dollars.
He has 15 zero's behind his name...I chuckle, How foolish of me. I, have 15 zero's behind my name.
I'll take what he owns...everything- just as I took his family, His wife, and after this, I'll take his gang.

"Oh, dear I only have this" The old man turns around showing his.

Tobby cocksmith
The total amount of money-
There's no way in hell- How can he have that much- How...I'm going to be filthy rich...Overhead is a board with people's names...and who owns the most money...and my name isn't even on the top 30.

"For round one, I'm betting 200 million."

"I'm betting 450 billion" Spoke Tobby, Matt chuckles a bit brushing the tip of his nose.

"You going all in?" Matt laughs "I'm betting 200 billion" I glance at Ava, who looks at me as if she has some sort of plan...

"Damn...I only have 489.9 billion" Biting her lower lip...The old man holds her hand again, And I'm this close to ripping it apart from his skin, The only thing that'll remain is his undying screaming, every day he has to live with the fact that he's handless just because he touched what's mine...
and he'll scream.

"Like I said, trust me you'll have more money than you can imagine" That's the only part I heard before he leans closer to her ear, whispering something...He's so wrinkly and white he looks like a raw chicken with eyes...
Ava glances back at me, nodding- why is she nodding? I don't understand this.

"I'll bet 390 billion" She spoke up, I'm sure it's that old guy's idea, but I want to see what he's planning.

"I'll bet the same as Ava" They nod, and soon the game started, I held the back of the cards to Matt, and he draws the middle which isn't the joker...I don't even have it, And ava-
What's with that look on her face? her face is crazed...as if she's naked or something, or just pure insane...
Toby drew from Matt, and Ava drew from Toby...She turns her body to face me...
Her eyes aren't touching mine, but looking back at Toby as if she's asking for approval...what the hell is going on here? I drew from her...looking at my card and it's the joker, but I kept that to myself...and let Matt draw...
This pattern continued for a while before I'm faced with two cards staring at me from Ava's palm...I know she has it...Well, I'm just guessing.