chapter 58

William pov

Jason emerges from the room shortly after, I pick my back off the wall- He adjusts his eye patch- and clears his voice framing his mouth to speak.

"She wants me to bring you back" He spoke-Yeah? Like that's going to happen. I scoff, crossing my arms.

"Is the truck ready?" I ask, he nods...and we left the house together- The pollution grows worse day by day...I open the passenger door while Jason decided to drive- which is probably a bad idea letting a person with one eye drive.

I knew that Riley was behind Ava's kidnapping...Riley sees and hears everything- When I was in the woods, I noticed cameras in the trees, That's when I came to the conclusion it was Riley.

I ask Jason if he could help me since- he's the only other friend I have. He and I agreed for me to buy him some time to get on Riley's computer so, he can see where's Ava

"When I said keep her company I wasn't talking about her pussy? you said you had problems getting it up"

"Yeah- Well, It just happened" I sigh, leaning my head away from the window to Jason. He looks stressed...Gripping tightly to the stirring wheel

"You know stabbing her a few times isn't going to stop her- She was in the military she's used to shit like that" Hearing Jason pointing out the obvious made my head hurt.

"Yes, Jason I know" I groan, "Did you find Ava-"

"She's in Australia"He answers, not taking his eye off the road- I sat up staring at him.

I ask incredulously, "Are you serious?'"

"Yes, dude. She's in some building." He says a bit annoyed

I press further, "What is the building called?" He snaps his fingers, banging his hand on the stirring wheel- His eyes shot off me for a moment- pointing to the dashboard.

"It's in there," He says...I slide my fingers under the handle pulling it open, there are a lot of files and some snack paper. "The yellow one" He spoke, I pull the yellow file, opening it up...
Ava, Her driver's license photo- in this picture her hair only stops at her shoulders, I break a smile- staring at her as if she's staring at me back...
But- The last time she spoke to me...Her eyes weren't nearly as warm as the ones in this photo.
My eyes trail down to the wording
It read all her personal information, and she is located at The Widow's Asylum. 

"What the hell? Why is she there?" I exclaim in disbelief.

"I bet she's getting tortured," he says with a hint of amusement. I run my fingers through my hair, feeling the weight of guilt and regret bearing breaking my back. The- The thought of Ava's screams and fear echoes in my mind, and I can't shake it off- I want to...I want it too! so bad It's all my fault, and my fingers grip tighter to my hair. I feel like I can't catch my breath, and the panic starts to set in

"William!" I open my eyes that I didn't know were close...I glimpsing over at Jason who shook his head, sighing. " We are going to find your girl"

"Yeah, I know" I sat up - taking a breath " Where are we going? Are we on our way to pick up some supplies?"

"I have supplies in the back" I took a glance back The backseat space is cramped, with boxes and guns stacked haphazardly around. The air is thick with the smell of cardboard and metal materials.

"We aren't driving there-"I try to speak, but he cuts me off before I can finish.
'I know, we are going to drive for a while, then get on a plane-' he says confidently

"No, Riley, she'll get there first and kill Ava!" I speak- I swear I'm going to beg the one above for teleportation.

"Then what should we do?"

" I'm turning myself in" I Grip the handle of the door, and open it, Watching as the wind beat against the car door and I could hear the sound of people screaming.

"Are you trifling? close the fucking door" Jason hits the brakes- or so I believe until there was a scream, Someone probably got hit or something, I close the door...Jason pushes his black hair back that trails some distance down his back. I could see that he was angry and frustrated.

"What do you mean you are turning yourself in? We basically rule the world if you haven't noticed," he asks with disbelief.

"I'll go to the government, I'll negotiate with them...if they fly me to the same place as Ava, I'll be willing to turn myself in." I could see the shock on his face, and I knew that he was surprised by what I had just said

I know that this is a risky move. But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to find her.

I could see that Jason was deep in thought, and I knew that he was considering my proposal. After a few moments of silence, Jason spoke.

"Are you sure about this?" he asks. I could see the concern in his eyes, and I knew that he was worried about me

"I'm sure" I nod.

"I'm coming with you," he says, his eyes sparkling with excitement. My own eyes widen in shock but quickly return to normal as I realize the gravity of his words.

"Why? You have no reason--"

"Riley's urging me to emulate you, the epitome of propriety...but that isn't who I am. I'm rough and unrefined, down on my luck, and a little bit dirty too. The idea of lounging in a mansion, lording over others, just isn't my thing. I yearn to be like a wild tornado -- unruly, dangerous, heedless of what lies ahead. And who cares if there are consequences? You only get to live once." He affirms this with a saucy wink, signaling that there's no way he'll budge from his stance.

"Okay" I nod " Let's do this" He starts the truck, but the body that's stuck under the tires makes it hard to do.