chapter 19

I fumble in my pocket, looking for my keys. With a bit of effort, I manage to insert it into the lock, turning it slowly until I hear the latch release.
I walk inside the apartment closing the door behind me...surprising the doorhandle hasn't given up- just holding on from sheer force...This play is a shithole with peeling paint on the walls and a musty smell in the air. A shithole with furniture is old and worn, with threadbare cushions and faded upholstery. a Shithole with the floorboards creaking underfoot and the windows covered in a layer of grime that filters the sunlight into a dim glow. the shithole with the kitchen is cramped, with a tiny stove and refrigerator that look like they haven't been updated in decades. The bathroom is no better, with a leaky faucet and a shower that barely dribbles water. The bed is lumpy and uncomfortable, with sheets that are frayed at the edges. The whole place feels like it's on the verge of falling apart, held together by sheer force of will.
I lay in my bed...watching the fan above produce dust for air...What will happen next? What else will they get away with?
Can't even watch Tv anymore every station is talking about this monstrosity...Even the kids' channel.

I lay in bed, feeling my body relax as I drift off to sleep. My breathing slows down, becoming deep and rhythmic. The world around me fades away as my eyes grow heavy and eventually close. I see patterns and shapes behind my eyelids, a natural phenomenon called closed-eye hallucinations. My mind wanders, and I feel myself slipping into a dreamlike state. The sounds of the night outside my window become muffled, and my thoughts become hazy. I am aware of my body sinking deeper into the mattress, and I feel a sense of weightlessness. My muscles loosen, and my limbs feel heavy. As I drift further into sleep, my mind becomes calm and peaceful. The worries of the day fade away, and I am left with a sense of tranquility.

I wake up to the sound of my alarm and stretch my arms and legs, feeling the stiffness of sleep slowly dissipate. I take a deep breath, feeling the cool air fill my lungs and the warmth of the blankets around me. I sit up and swing my legs over the edge of the bed, feeling more alert as I become more aware of my surroundings. I take a few deep breaths, feeling my body come to life. I stand up and do a few stretches to relieve any tension in my muscles from sleeping. I do some neck stretches to relieve any strain or tension from looking at a computer screen at work. I also do some shoulder shrugs to relieve any pain from sitting with poor posture during the day. After stretching, I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. Then, I get dressed for work and head out the door.
I walk into a room filled with people bustling around, each with their own tasks and goals. The air is thick with the sound of chatter and movement. I take a deep breath, feeling the energy of the room fill my lungs. As I look around, I notice some people pacing back and forth, while others are fidgeting with their hands or tapping their feet. The signs of nervousness are evident in some, while others seem to be relaxed and focused on their work. The room is crowded, but everyone seems to be in their own world, lost in their tasks. I can hear the sound of laughter and conversation mixed with the occasional beep of a computer or phone. Despite the chaos, there is a sense of purpose and productivity in the air. As I make my way through the room. I sat at My office waking my computer.

"Cameron!" I turn around in response to hearing my name to see Stewart putting some paperwork on my desk while holding a phone between his shoulder and ear. " Find something these men have in common!" I stare at the two files of William and Jason before looking back at Stewart.

"I don't work for you, Where's your-"

"does it look like that shit matters? it doesn't now do it!" walking off as fast as he came "Not like you're doing anything important" he mumble under his breath, and I feel a sudden pain in my chest. My heart races and my breath becomes shallow and quick. My mind starts racing with thoughts, and I feel like I can't control them. I try to calm myself down, but my stomach feels like it's tied in knots. The comment replays in my head over and over again, and I can't seem to shake it off. I feel hurt and anxious, and my thoughts are all over the place. I take a few deep breaths, but it feels like my breathing is out of control. I try to focus on something else, but my mind keeps going back to the comment. The pain in my chest doesn't go away, and I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. It takes me a while to calm down and regain control of my thoughts and emotions.