chapter 4

4 days later

"Don't look so tense," Jason's voice pierces through the darkness that surrounds us. He's like a ghost, his eyes the only thing visible amidst the blackness, blending in perfectly. "This plan will work - Riley is an absolute genius."

I try to calm my nerves, but he's so annoying. "I'm not worried about the robbery," I reply, trying to keep my voice steady.

Jason chuckles, the sound wry and mocking. "Oh, your girl? I'm sure she and Riley are talking about which one of us has a bigger cock." In the light of the sun filtering through the cracks in the truck, I can see his playful grin stretching across his face. It's a strange contrast - his face lit up with a smile while we're stuck in the back of this moving truck.

"We're going to make a name for ourselves, don't you think Liam?" Jason continues, his eyes glowing with an eerie excitement. "Today, just in a few minutes, we're officially going to become terrorists." His words send shivers down my spine, but Jason's face is alight with endless possibilities for the future. Every word he spits out stretches that grin even more until the truck suddenly comes to a chaotic halt.

And with a loud creak, the door to the trunk swings open, revealing a grim sight - Riley, with her gaunt face and sunken eyes, standing against a backdrop of death-warmed up sky. The clouds are racing each other, scrambling to be the first to be seen. Riley steps out of the trunk, and her eyes bore into Jason and me. 'You two ready?' she demands, her voice leaving no room for hesitation.

'Yeah,' Jason answers for both of us, his fingers instinctively loading his pistol. I pull the hood over my head and secure the black mask over my face, the elastic bands pulling behind my ears. Jason does the same as we jump down from the trunk of the truck.

"Just make sure you disable the cameras and lock the doors as soon as we're inside,' I remind Riley, glancing around nervously.

"I remember," comes her curt reply. 

"Let's get this over with." I slide my hands into my pockets, feeling the weight of the concealed gun, and peer up once more at the ominous sky, bidding goodbye to the last shreds of daylight.

"Let's go, Liam," Jason spoke urgently, his eyes alight with a terrifying gleam. I followed closely behind, steeling myself for what was to come. It wasn't about the money- it was about the thrill of the kill, the savage need to unleash chaos upon the world. And as soon as we stepped inside, it was chaos that followed in our wake.

In the blink of an eye, Jason shot the guards- men and women who had only been doing their jobs, trying to protect the innocent civilians inside. But there was no protection to be had now, not with us inside. I watched in awe as Jason moved with an otherworldly speed, his movements almost inhuman. And then I joined in, copying his actions with a bloodthirsty glee.

The civilians tried to run, to hide, but it was no use. My gun barked mercilessly, shots ringing out and skulls exploding like ripe watermelons. It was an orgy of violence, a feast for the senses that left me drunk with power. And my gun- oh, that monster of a weapon! It could shoot two people with one bullet, the projectile tearing through one skull and then burying itself into the next.

The screams were music to my ears, the gurgling cries of the dying a symphony of agony. The blood flowed like rivers, staining everything in sight with a deep, dark red. And I couldn't get enough. I was recreating hell on earth, a world where only the strong survived and the weak were left to die.

As the screaming reached a fever pitch, it blended together into a choir of despair, a chorus of death that rang out across the room. And then, just as suddenly, it was over. The song came to an abrupt end, leaving nothing but silence and the scent of death in its wake.