chapter 41

William pov

I know Riley told me he owns the biggest drug
company in the world but this is too much. I'm immediately struck by the sheer size of the place. The warehouse is massive, with towering shelves stretching up to the ceiling. The sound of machinery fills the air, as conveyor belts whir and boxes are shuffled from one end of the warehouse to the other.  

"Like what you see?" He asks, hitting my back...too hard for what I call 'friendly' My main goal is to earn his trust...So I can find the bomb and everything will go back to normal.

"I'll be working here?-"

"What no...Do you think I'm just going to let you roam around freely? no. you'll be where I can see you, I'm just showing you around the place"

"So, What will I be doing?" I ask

.................

"You'll see" He spoke, walking from the warehouse and I follow behind him into his car, feeling the cold metal seeping through my clothes. Ava sits beside me, her head resting on my shoulder. It's 6:20 am and the sky is still dark, with only a hint of light on the horizon. I know she must be tired
As I look at her, I notice how cold she looks. I wish I had a jacket to wrap around her, but all I have is my shirt. I slip it off and wrap it around her, I hope this is enough. I wrap my arm around her, pulling her closer to me, and she snuggles further into my chest.
I can feel her breath on my neck, and I close my eyes, taking in the moment.

Soon the car came to a stop- at this light brown mansion- with a Fountain on the outside.

"Let's go buddy" Spoke matt climbing out of the car, and rocking it a bit...I push Ava awake, then follow him to the door...my eyes widening at the sight before me. The opulent foyer is adorned with marble floors and a crystal chandelier that sparkles in the light.

"Angela.Clayton. get down here now!" Matt spoke, But the way he speaks is something like a dad or something...A woman descended the long staircase, her footsteps echoing through the grand foyer. As she approached, I couldn't help but notice her striking appearance. Her hair was a vibrant shade of red, reminiscent of a blazing fire, and cascaded down her back in loose waves. Her brown eyes sparkled with a mischievous glint, and her lips were painted a deep shade of red. Despite her beauty, there was something about her that reminded me of a monkey. Perhaps it was the way she moved, with a certain agility and grace that was almost animalistic.

"Where's the kids?" Matt asked, but the woman ignored him and looking straight at me- Well my abs...Ava came around blocking my vision of the woman, her hands sliding across my chest as she hands me my shirt

"Your shirt" Her voice almost teasing me or something, She tilts her head back eyeing the woman- Almost if she was challenging her or something- I didn't know Ava had this side to her. and, quite frankly I don't like it...I don't like her thinking I'm in love with someone else...but all I want is-

"Thanks" I spoke, slipping on my shirt

"Kid, this is my wife her name is Myra" Spoke matt, looking at Myra " Mrya is this our new bodyguard he'll be looking over of daughter-"

"What!" A girl spoke on the staircase, She doesn't look anything like her mother, but more like Matt, " Dad, I'm fine"

"Honey. No your not...Don't fight me on this" Matt spoke- They argue for a bit...That woman is still looking at me...her eyes undressing me... Can't she just stop, I swear what is wrong with people?

"Can everyone shut the hell up, I'm trying to sleep, it's 6 in the morning!" Suddenly another person comes out, He's a guy- Who also looks like his father, His eyes are bloodshot red he has short spiky brown hair