Chapter 4

We arrived to the hideout. Even though I was still scared, I was in complete control of myself.

"One wrong move, you get an arrow in the ass. Just so you know" said Daryl looking at the kid.

"G's gonna take that arrow out of my ass and shove it up yours. Just so you know."

"G?"

"Guillermo. He's the man here."

"Guillermo?" I chuckled. "What kind of hick name is that? I wouldn't name my dog Guillermo."

Rick looked at me, but I just shrugged. I knew what I was doing. We walked up to the building and the doors open up. Guillermo walked out.

"You okay, little man?"

"They're gonna cut off my feet, carnal." he said.

"Cops do that?"

"Not him. This redneck puto here. He cut off some dude's hand, man. He showed it to me."

"Shut up" said Daryl.

"We were hoping more for a calm discussion" said Rick.

"That hillbilly jumps Felipe's little cousin, beats on him, threat to cut off his feet, Felipe gets an arrow in the ass, and you want a calm discussion? You fascinate me."

"Heat of the moment. Mistakes were made on both sides."

"Who's that dude to you anyway?"

"Es mi hermano menor." (He's my younger brother") I said looking at him firmly. "Y me gustaría verlo. Tú sabes cómo es. La familia es la familia. También estamos buscando a su hermano." ("I'd like to see him. You know how it is. Family is a family. We are looking for also his brother") I pointed to Daryl.

"Sorry, we're fresh out of white boys" he said. "But I've got Asian. You interested?"

"I have one of yours, you have one of mine. Sounds like an even trade" said Rick.

"Don't sound even to me."

"G. Come on, man" said kid.

"My people got attacked. Where's the compensation for their pain and suffering? More to the point, where's my bag of gun?"

"Gun?"

"Shit" I mumbled to myself.

"The bag Miguel saw in the street. The bag Felipe and Jorge were going back to get. That bag of gun"

"You're mistaken" said Rick.

"I don't think so."

"About it being yours. It's my bag of gun".

"The bag was in the street. Anybody could come around and say it was theirs. I'm supposed to take your word. What's to stop my people from unloading on you right here and now and I take what's mine?"

"You could do that. Or not"

He indicated to the wall and T-Dog had the sniper rifle pointed at Guillermo.

"Come on, man. Make the trade. Please."

Two men appeared on the roof with Glenn.

I hesitated but I didn't say anything.

"I see two options" said Guillermo "You come back with Miguel and my bag of gun, everybody walks. Or you come back locked and loaded, we'll see which side spills more blood"

They wanted to back out, which made me take a step forward sooner than I thought.

"Oye, amigo" I shouted looking directly at Guillermo. "My friend was right, it's our weapon BUT we can rethink the option of splitting OUR weapon."