Chapter 35

I didn't sleep long because Sasha and Maggie brought a young man, Aaron, to the barn, who offered us asylum. He took out the photos, started talking about this place, but Rick, without thinking, hit him in the jaw, and he lost consciousness.

"Everybody" he looked at us. "We need eyes in every direction. They're coming for us. We might not know how or when, but they are."

I glanced at Glenn, then at the others.

"I don't trust him now either" I said slowly. "But let's not assume the worst."

"Me and Sasha, we didn't see him" said Maggie. "If he had wanted to hurt us, he could've."

Nevertheless, Rick was stubborn, so we split up into groups to check out the area.

Me, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, Abraham and Rosita went scouting. Each of us had a gun in the pivot.

"Eyes open, everybody. Weapon up" Glenn said. "You see someone coming at us, you fire."

I made a face.

"So if we see someone, we just shoot them?" I asked.

"It's a good question" said Maggie. She was as unhappy as I was.

"What if they're someone like us?" Michonne asked. "What if Aaron is telling the truth? What if they're someone who has nothing to do with this?"

"I wish it were" I said softly. "I wish they would turn out to be the good ones."

"We're six people walking with a gun" said Glenn. "No one's coming up to say hello."

I backed off a bit to see if anyone was following us again, which Glenn immediately noticed and joined me. We walked in silence for a moment, until he cleared his throat softly, but remained silent. I could see how unsure he was.

"Split it out" I said with a soft laugh, and Glenn adjusted his grip on the gun.

"I saw you sleeping with Daryl this morning" he exhaled as he always did when he was stressed.

I didn't even look at him. I nodded my head slightly.

"Yeah, you saw it right."

"Are you..." he wondered. "You are together?"

"That's too much to say" I shrugged. "I only slept next to him. Actually not the first time."

"You were cuddled up to him for the first time."

I looked at my brother with amusement.

"Are you watching me sleep, Glenn? It's unhealthy. We're siblings."

Glenn rolled his eyes.

"You know what I mean."

"Well, not really."

"I know I'm still your little brother, but... I'd love for you two to be together..."

I raise my eyebrows, glancing at him again.

"That's something new, you were never a fan of the types I dated."

"Because they were dicks" Glenn sighed. "And I was afraid they'd take you away from me."

"Ain't you scared now?"

"I'm an adult" he laughed. "Now I know that no one can take you away from me."

I smiled. "That's right kid."

"Besides..." he began slowly. "I've never seen a guy follow you like that before. When he's around you, you're number one for him. It's been like that for a long time. I even talked to Maggie about it because I was debating whether or not to talk to him."