Chapter 52

I was sitting in the car and Negan was right next to me. We were now approaching Alexandria, and the closer we got, the more and more I felt my stomach sink. When we stopped right in front of the gate, I felt like vomiting. Everyone started getting out of their cars, including the two Saviors who were sitting in the front of our car. I glanced at Negan who was smiling slightly, I could see the excitement in his eyes. When we were alone, he finally looked at me.

"So yes, sweetheart. You will know exactly when to leave the car and join me, and when you do... You are to speak only to me. No greetings, no hidden signs, nothing, understand?"

I waited until I nodded slowly in understanding, and then he patted my knee.

"Great, we've got that sorted out, now it's time to get this ball started!"

Then he got out of the car and I felt bile rising in my throat. I'd love to vomit my entire breakfast here, in the car, between my legs. I forced myself to swallow all my fear and watched as Negan walked lightly to the gate. He took a deep, dramatic breath and then slammed Lucille against the metal bars.

"Little pig, little pig, let me in!" he shouted and we all silently waited for what would happen. I clenched my hands in my lap as I heard the crash of metal and Aiden peeked out from behind the bars. He looked at Negan, narrowing his eyes slightly. Somewhere behind him I saw Rosita's silhouette.

"Well?" Negan asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Um, who are you?" Aiden asked and I felt like my heart skipped a beat.

"Oh, you better be jokin'." Negan laughed before pointing at himself. "Negan" and then he showed his bat. "Lucille. I know I had to make a pretty strong first impression."

At that moment, Rick reached the gate. I felt like crying because I saw the fear and uncertainty on his sweaty face.

"Well, hello, there" Negan greeted and there was silence again. Rick looked at him, taking stock of the situation, and my breathing became wheezing with fear.

"Don't make me have to ask" Negan said in a warning tone, but even though I couldn't see him, I knew he was smiling.

Rick finally nodded and the gate began to slowly open. Negan took a step, and Rick tentatively clenched his hands into fists.

"You said a week" he said firmly. "You're early."

"I missed you" Negan said and then Walker appeared right behind him. He looked at him and adjusted his grip on Lucille.

"Oh, Rick, Watch this. Calling it!" at that moment he swung and split the zombie's head with his stick and then screamed. "Easy peasy lemon squeezy!"

He looked around at his men.

"All right, everybody. Let's get started. Big day" The Saviors entered Alexandria, while Negan focused on Rick.

"Hey, Rick, you see that, what I just did? That is some service! I mean, we almost get turned away at the gate. Who is that guy, anyway?" Do I get mad? Do I throw a fit "Do I bash some ginger's dome in? Nope. I just take care of one of these dead pricks that could've killed one of y'all. Hold this." at that moment he handed Lucille to Rick and took another three steps towards Alexandria himself.

Is he fucking crazy?

For a moment I looked at Rick, who stood paralyzed for a second, and then, without saying a word, he turned towards Negan, who was looking around.

"Hot diggity dog!" he shouted. "This place is magnificent! An embarrassment of riches, as they say. Yes, sir, I do believe you are gonna have plenty to offer up."